Notices

Im on day 3...

Old 02-09-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You can do this Jryan!! Day 3 is fantastic!!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

How u doing today? 4th day for us both xx
Old 02-10-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
So today starts day 3 for me after 8 weeks of being sober in which I threw away with one night of drinking- a very heavy night of drinking. I want to get back to the way I was feeling before, like my life had changed for the better and I was really moving forward. I need to get back to that place of being happy and content with life and without needing the bottle to make my world numb. I realized how much I enjoyed feeling (even the bad stuff) because I could feel and actively work to make that better instead of drowning my fears, stress, anxiety, and inhibitions in a bottle of alcohol.

I am absolutely disappointed in my decision on Friday night, and wonder what it would have been like to have not done that. I am sure I would have continued with my normal (and sober) life and not given one thought was to what it would have been like to drink the night before. In a sober mindset, and one which is not influenced by addictions) it never would have crossed my mind to drink. Never; because I was happy sober and content. I was starting to work out more and get a natural high. I was starting to eat better and my body was thanking me. I want and need to get back to that state of getting better.

Saturday was bad- bad- bad. Sunday was better, but still aches and pains and extremely tired. I didnt sleep well last night, so I am pretty damn tired today. I want back- I want to time travel back into my streak of 8 weeks and not have to deal with overcoming my bad decisions on Friday night.

Can i bounced back quickly from a one night binge?
Well done on 3 days! Can you bounce back? For sure you can. Stop dwelling on that one night you drank, focus on the 8 weeks sober you had, no one can take that away from you. Stop killing yourself with guilt and make a new plan.

Dont put yourself through the torture anymore.

Time to be free once and for all.

Good luck - you can do it.

L x
Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
How u doing today? 4th day for us both xx
Yup on day 4. Its been a better day and that is all I can hope for day in and day out. Had a little trouble sleeping, so a little tired, but overall a better day. Less anxiety (so far knock on wood) which is very helpful in order to get through the day.

I have stopped beating myself up and just accepted that I made a mistake. I think the biggest thing I was beating myself up about was how crappy I was feeling for 3 days. A 2 1/2 day hangover sucks lol! But I guess that is expected when I barely ate, and had a lot of drinks. I can count 10 before I cant remember anymore. But Im back on board and ready to do it again.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

yep...learn your lessons from that night and then let it go jryan...it's done.

Congrats on getting back on track

D