Notices

6 days of sober

Old 02-09-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

6 days of sober

Hello guys,

I woke up this morning with a headache, body aches and just didn't want to get up. I guess my body is letting me know that I am healing. I don't like this feeling but, I am still am going to keep going on this trail of healing.

I got up and took my chiweenie outside to go potty. Came in and thought a cup of coffee will start a good day. I have a coffee maker that can make a whole pot or just a single cup. I decided to have a single cup, put the water in and the k-cup in and pushed the button to start. What I didn't realize I forgot to push it down for the coffee to pour in my cup.

Is this how my day going to be, NO!! I am not going to let this happen.

I have a lot of anxiety and when things don't go the way it should be, I get upset either I cry or I get mad or I get very nervous.

The good part is that tonight I am going to my first AA meeting with my mother n law. I am a little nervous all in all I have someone I am going with that knows how these meeting goes. Hopefully, I can find someone I can talk to.

"Today is another day for new start!!"
Old 02-09-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thats really awesome Jen
Old 02-09-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is all normal and can last for some time. If you are worried go to your DR and see what they can do for you.

This does eventually pass- I didnt think it would, and then eventually it passes and you get better. I thought I would never get out of the woods, and a 2-3 weeks I was still feeling crappy (but less crappy than at 1 week), and eventually it all passes. The best thing you can do for yourself, is not to drink, and then to get out and get some fresh air. Being cooped up in your house or inside all day can really wreak havoc on your mind. The sunlight gives you vit d and when you lack vit d (the natural kind) you get generalized pains and emotional distress.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
The best thing you can do for yourself, is not to drink, and then to get out and get some fresh air. Being cooped up in your house or inside all day can really wreak havoc on your mind. The sunlight gives you vit d and when you lack vit d (the natural kind) you get generalized pains and emotional distress.

jryan, I don't know where you're from, but it's a sheet of ice where i am. My son's school was even canceled today. I agree that distraction is key. I've been very very depressed and my mind goes to the absolute worst places, even when i try to redirect it. I'd love to go out in the sun, but there is no sun and I'd just slip and fall on my butt.

Jen! Keep up the great work! Staying positive can be very hard. but you can do it!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well it normally is a harsh winter right now in the high desert of AZ (snow, ice wind etc) but it has been 60-70 here for a bout a week and should continue for a week. Sorry it isnt like that where you are. Maybe take a quick trip to a gym and pay for that day fee... might not be worth it to do it every day, but could help on bad days.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Its been cold and cloudy here, Not my pot of tea. I am a spring person, Like to see things have color and not cold and not hot. Coming soon but not quick enough.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Jen!! Day 6 is fantastic!!