Notices

Over and over and over

Old 02-08-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You can do this! Don't think you are holding others back as this is your journey it's not about how quickly you reach your sobriety, it's about getting there and staying there once you do. You need to want to do this for you and not out of guilt or for anyone else as you will keep relapsing. We are here for you!
Old 02-08-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm here hun ~ we are all here with you.
You can get through this. I know you can.
But if it gets too hard, please call a doctor love.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
omg okay just go to bed just go to bed just go to bed this is horrible
Going to bed is a good idea.. Helped me on the first couple of days.

Good luck, and you're not as isolated and alone as you think.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Briar.

You can do this.

L x
Old 02-09-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Briar ,

I kept trying to be sober from 1999 till 2011 when it finally seems it stuck , don't give up on yourself ..

It might seem hopeless at the moment but that's because your at the wrong end of a bottle .

80 days is no mean feat , certainly makes me think you can do more sober time .

Take care of yourself , it's great to have you round

m
Old 02-09-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tomorrow is a new day, briar. Come back and look at this thread. Change the Outcome

D
Old 02-09-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You're never alone, sweet friend. And today is another opportunity to let that garbage go. Let's leave it and keep moving forward. The load will be much lighter that way. Thinking of you always
Old 02-09-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Do we really need another alcoholic around here struggling to break free from their addiction?

YES!

We all have to fight it ourselves, but no one has to fight it alone.

Come back, ASAP.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

you are not alone, you are among friends here who understand. hugs.xx
Old 02-09-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thank you guys. I do feel better knowing you're here. I'm starting to really feel the withdrawal and am getting pretty uncomfortable. I know it's going to get worse. I'm at work and doing my best to stay distracted. I'm calm at least. I had a full blown panic attack last night but fell asleep quickly and slept fairly well. I'm pretty scared but am hanging in there.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

When you say you are dying, are you referring to the effects of alcohol and if you continue to drink you will die? Or are you actually dying of something? If so, then what a better way to live the rest of your life than being sober and experiencing all the wonderful things we experienced when we were kids and didnt know anything about alcohol or mind altering substances? What a better way to stay in touch with yourself and your surroundings than being sober.

Its tough, no doubt. But it just starts with one day of not drinking, then adding the next day of not drinking, and then just one more day. Just keep adding TODAY to yesterday.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Jryan - I meant it literally and figuratively. I'll die if I continue to drink like that. I also feel like I'm completely falling apart and my life is being swallowed up by the madness of drinking.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Briar. It sounds like we're in very similar positions. I only had 3 weeks of sobriety, but it was the best 3 weeks I've had in a looooong time. So, I have no clue why I'd choose to go back to drinking. I must be insane.

I don't feel healthy, I'm not happy. Everything is a mess. And i feel like the ONLY ONE. No matter what stories I read here, or alcoholics I know in real life, I still feel like i'm worse and no one can understand. I cry everyday. I can't sleep because of fear.

Sorry, i don't have any advice, or anything positive to say. Just that you're not alone. We have to keep trying.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Briar, I am so happy you are feeling somewhat better. I know I have really appreciated the posts of yours I have come across. Stick with us because your story helps me in ways I can't say.

I think most of us here want some attention. I know I do. So please seek it! Post and I will read it.

I am worried though with "I'll die if I continue to drink like that". Perhaps it is time to drop the like that. I think most of us here would like to drink, sometimes. Maybe it's just me. I have noticed I feel so much better with saying I will never drink again. It's easier to say I will never get like that that again, but I know the only way to be sure is to never drink.

It's hard and I'm still new. We are in the same Class I believe. Nov 2014? I haven't really checked in recently.

I'm rambling but just want you to know that I am here paying attention and know you can do this.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Jryan - I meant it literally and figuratively. I'll die if I continue to drink like that. I also feel like I'm completely falling apart and my life is being swallowed up by the madness of drinking.
Yes I know the feeling. And I am glad I have a place like this to talk about it. I too feel like after a binge drinking I am falling apart, and this feeling crappy will lead to the end. But it didnt before and I know it is all just part of the withdrawals and hangovers etc. Its hard, and it always is hard to fight through this. We never have to feel this way again unless we again decide to drink. I am NEVER going to feel this way again.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I do feel better knowing you're here. I'm starting to really feel the withdrawal and am getting pretty uncomfortable. I know it's going to get worse. I'm at work and doing my best to stay distracted. I'm calm at least. I had a full blown panic attack last night but fell asleep quickly and slept fairly well. I'm pretty scared but am hanging in there.
Stay well-hydrated, Briar, and eat small, light meals.

Hope you can get to bed early-ish tonight.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It is a relief to hear how you guys understand. I feel so strange and alone in this, and like no one will be able to tolerate me. Your willingness to be here with me is comforting.

I'm feeling worse as I knew I would, but I did eat a good lunch and am getting hydrated. That has helped with the nausea. I made it through my lunch break without going to the store for vodka (thought about it obsessively). So I'm feeling a little more confident I'll get through this.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

You can and will get through this, Briar. We are here for you.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

my life is being swallowed up by the madness of drinking.
Mine was too. It's morbidly ironic when I look back at it. Drinking was causing all my problems, and I have no doubt it would have taken everything if I wouldn't have quit. Yet at the time, I somehow thought that drinking would help solve my problems. The "trying to put out a fire with gasoline" analogy truly applies.

The stark truth though is that you have the power to end the madness now...today. I finally did it, many others here have too. And some of them were in much more dire straits. We are here for you...stay close and let us know how we can help.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

It is a relief to hear how you guys understand. I feel so strange and alone in this, and like no one will be able to tolerate me. Your willingness to be here with me is comforting.

I'm feeling worse as I knew I would, but I did eat a good lunch and am getting hydrated. That has helped with the nausea. I made it through my lunch break without going to the store for vodka (thought about it obsessively). So I'm feeling a little more confident I'll get through this.
Pedialyte or kids' electrolyte solution helps a ton man. Local grocery stores should sell some kind of equivalent. Drink a litre of those a day or more and they really help keep you hydrated.