Notices

Update

Old 02-08-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Hey guys,

Just wanted to check in on the forum. I feel like the depression I was experiencing is slowly and gradually starting to lift. I've been able to string a few good days together in a row over the past week and I've been spending some time with my family and daughter. Feeling like I'm actually participating in things rather than just turning up.

It has been a very difficult time in the past few weeks, I had a bad Christmas and January and those of you who have read previous posts will know my issues with the anti depressant I was prescribed. Thankfully I feel that it is starting to help a little. I still have a lot of work to do and I know I can't get complacent. I need to constantly push myself and work on myself.

Regarding work, my sick note runs out in 2 weeks time. Whilst I am apprehensive about my return to work, The reason feels more like the fact I've been off for ages, changes may have taken place, there will be new challenges, rather than my anxiety or how I am feeling being the important factors.

This is a shift in my thinking as for a while I had feelings of dread thinking I would not be able to manage at work.

I plant to make diet and exercise changes in the next 2 weeks to help me prepare. I have also spoken to my employers about a phased return, so that is also an option.

What does everyone think of this plan?

I'm still sober too, and I'm delighted about that
Old 02-08-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Stewy! Good to see ya and hear that you're feeling better! Changing my diet and exercise always helps my mood. It takes a few days for my taste buds to adjust, but they do adjust rather quickly. Big hugs for more up and up!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!!
Old 02-08-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi

It sounds like you are really going places. The reasons you are worrying about going back to work are the most natural thing in the world (anyone who's been on maternity leave, long term recovery from an op etc) will be able to relate to that.

I think a gradual ease back in to things sounds a good way and I'm so pleased your employer is supportive.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Stewy, what an uplifting post. Although you've had to work at it, it looks as though you've made solid progress! Good stuff Stewy, you have ample reason to be proud of yourself.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy, first of all, I am so very happy that you are seeing some improvement with taking the antidepressant. It's really good to hear this. Like you, I can't get complacent with my dealings with depression. The antidepressant levels the playing field, but it's still up to me to try to keep positive, feel gratitude and to push myself at times as you said.

I think your return to work sounds good and that you have given it lots of thought. It's normal to expect some changes have occurred while you were off, but you know that you will be able to cope with those. Also, it's good to know that the phased return is an option.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, Stewy. It is really great to read that you are experiencing some relief.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Stewy this is a fantastic post im really happy for you exellent plan bud
Old 02-08-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great to hear you're doing well Stewy!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks very much everybody.

This forum has been a brilliant place for me over the last few months and I've received nothing but support.

You are all a credit to yourselves and the forum