Notices

I havent drank since Tuesday

Old 02-06-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I havent drank since Tuesday

I haven't drank since Tuesday and the cravings have been at a minimal up till now. I am now reaching that point that always screws me over...THE END OF DAY 3! By the end of tonight, I expect my AV to be screaming (as it always is) I dont know what it is about the end of the day 3 that is so hard. I can breeze through day 1 2 3...but come 10-11pm on day 3, I am fighting myself.

I decided this time around, anytime my AV comes knocking, I just say "Drink on Sunday...Drink on Sunday..." and I swear its been keeping the AV in check. Its as if the AV just needs to be comforted that a drink is being planned in the future. It doesnt seem to care so much as to force me to drink in the early days of sobriety. It just wants reassurance that a drink will come. I know its unhealthy to do this but I need to start getting past day 3 and day 4. If I cave at day 5 or 6, I will be upset but I will take it as a bittersweet loss as atleast I got past my toughest day and hopefully the next time I get to that day 3 hurdle, it wont be as hard.

To date, I have trained myself to go from almost daily drinking to what I am at now which is 1-3 times a week. I am proud but the fight is not over!
Old 02-06-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days! I do the same thing and promise my AV a drink sometime in the future and it quells the beast.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your progress! Stay vigilant as we all have work to do.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

3 days is great, it also can be a real kicker...it was for me......you are doing great, coming here and posting is so helpful..hang in there it will get better....check out the secular section of this website and read about AVRT and RR...it is similar to what you are doing by talking to your addictive voice (AV) It help me so much...
Old 02-06-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 3 was a tough spot for me, too. I think it's because you start to feel better physically and emotionally and that's enough for the AV to begin to worry it's losing the battle. The only way to manage that is to get through it. Day 4 will be easier. )
Old 02-06-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 3 is great, youre well on your way now! Keep going you will love the new you! Just relax and try to kerp your stress as low as possible. It helped me to put my head into games, books, j fownloaded relaxation apps