Notices

Let it go! Sober Weekender Thread Feb 6-8

Old 02-08-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Well another Sunday in the books. I probably won't watch the Grammy's. I'll dvr it in case something "interesting" happens that I want to watch later.

Woke up feeling...off. Definitely was fighting thoughts of drinking all day. But I made it.

I went to this Iranian film at one of the museums with someone I just recently met. He's nice, but I think its just friends for now. It was fun doing something different for a change...I never would have found this film or thought to try it out. Turns out they have free films with all different topics every Sunday. So I will definitely be checking some out in the future.

I gotta say, even just leaving the house tempts me...the metro I rode to go downtown is right next to the drugstore. And of course...they sell wine at the drugstore. I just kept my head down and headed home.

Ok, good weekend thread folks.

Ruby - that's rough. I'm sorry to hear that. Hang in there gal!

PK - I love indian food, but I only cook it with one of those "simmer sauces".

I'm checking out for the night folks. About to throw on water for tea and will be heading to bed early. Night everyone!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Jen73 View Post
Weasel, I just joined today, however this weekend is sober for me. Started Feb 4th and its Feb 8th!! So I can say I am on my way for the next weekend.
Welcome Jen73 and Congrats on your decision to live a sober life!

The weekends are far to short, aren't they?

Ah well, just a few short days until the next one. Keep it sober people!
Old 02-08-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

A little late, but this is how I feel:

Old 02-08-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Welcome Jen73 and Congrats on your decision to live a sober life!

The weekends are far to short, aren't they?

Ah well, just a few short days until the next one. Keep it sober people!

They are very short!!!

mind over matters
Old 02-08-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hi all! Wrapping up a weekend of ups and downs. I'm doing well thanks to you all and your wonderful support. A ray of sunshine. Today was a gloomy day. Perfect weather for The Shining. Cold rainy foggy day. Brr.

Behan, great work! You sound well.

Lola, the pull of the drugstore. I used to buy my little bottles to drink on the train ride home as I passed. Now I pass and think "yuck! How could I stand it!!!??" I'm so glad you enjoyed your movie and trip out. Even if its just friends, well, having friends is great.

I have a purring cat poking her fuzzy head into my face. Everyone else is sleeping. I'm going to quietly watch some TV and have some ice cream. Have a good night! And again, thank you all so very much.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Yeah I can't believe the weekend is over already. Boohoo. but the next one will be here before you know it.
Have a great week everyone.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

And Jen, welcome to the thread and great job getting through! Weasel starts us off on Thursday mornings.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congats Behan!!! Feels good doesn't it!

Welcome Jen!!! Hope to see you this Thursday. We start around noon EST.

As for me I am working from home due to yet another 6 inches of snow falling. I could go in and the roads are so so but why? I can do it all from here in my fuzzy slippers and with the fireplace going. A blessing I am grateful for everyday I need it to be there.

Just like another sober weekend... I am grateful every time.

I took M's advice and rattled off what has changed for me and what I am grateful for... that helped my mood. But sometimes a mood is just that... not a threat but a reminder.

Good sober Monday!!! Who would-a-thunk that is something I say week after week. Yup.. check that grateful checkbox again this morning!

Remember to smile today. And still let it go this week!

K
Old 02-09-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! We did it. Another weekend in the books. I'm getting my head together to start the day. It will be a gray day outside but who says it has to be gray inside too? I think a little color in the wardrobe is called for. Thanks everyone!

I will see you all around and certainly next Thursday.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I hate the internet--- I can't even find out how much snow weasel got... But I did find out 3 people died removing snow. The widow maker heart attack I suppose - for one guy.

Hope it's going alright up there weasel. How much snow did you get anyway?
Old 02-09-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks LB! We got another 8 inches. Tight quarters driving . I was getting in the car to go get lunch cuz I had to get out and the plow guys where I live came and cleaned out in front of my car. I had to make a special trip over to the management office to tell them just how thankful I am and how helpful they have been. I have to say I have never had any issues with snow clearing all winter they are so good. No shoveling for this old man! I used to try and shovel after a night of crack and drinking. I was insane!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I can certainly say I was never hung over when I shoveled snow - I made sure of it. I always had a few to get me back to normal before I started.

Another 8" - what's that grand total so far. Do I need to drive up there?
Old 02-09-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi guys! I'm on lunch break. Weas, sounds like you are in good spirits today. It is super industrial gray here today. And if you were in Boston? Twelve inches on top of the mess. I heard they've had over 80 inches in three weeks.

I had happy news this morning. Illinois observes Abraham Lincoln's birthday. I wasn't paying attention and its Thursday so I'm off that day. Yay!!!
Old 02-09-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Snow sucks!!! I am so tired of shoveling! There is nowhere to put it all!!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Weasel you are so lucky you don't have to shovel. I'm so tired of shoveling snow, throw it up on the snowbank and yep here it comes rolling back down the snowbank. Its like a bad comedy skit.

The good news is where getting more snow on thursday, yeah another 6to 12 inches. Just enough to bury myself when i pull the snow off the roof. This winter is getting out of control.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Yeah Ruby2, your spot on, it is like cleansing the soul talking it out.....its all down to procrastination for me the past couple of months, recently i started seeing a counsellor and its looking like a good move, really getting a lot out of it. Ive moved away from my home city to a rural location last summer, i love it but i feel im cut off and have drifted from the support network and AA friends i had surrounded myself with, added to that the meetings just arent the same down this area, and ive been trying to find my feet ever since....getting there though....
Hope your well my sober friend