"It Was A Trady Day The Day She Left Me"

"A Trady Day On Wallstreet"

"Living Now's Trady Day"
Old 02-04-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

"Trady days and Mondays" ?
Old 02-04-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good work! I ran to the recycle bin quite often, it was a great place to "hide the evidence" in case a friend stopped by my apartment. Switching liquor stores, running back and forth to the bin, checking my stash....alcoholism is a full-time job!

Great to hear you have quit that nonsense and have moved on to a much more peaceful existence. I don't worry about trady-day any more either! Great post!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 40 days sober!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tally809 View Post
"Trady days and Mondays" ?
I love this, Tally.

You and LBrain are so clever.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Its amazing the amount of time and energy we spend hiding our addiction. I use to plan where I was going to buy the booze, how I was going to sneak the booze into the house, where I was going to hide it once in the house, how I was going to dispose of the evidence, etc..

Than I would wake up in the night looking for any clues that I was drinking so I could conceal them, often unable to remember what I did with the empties. So not worth it.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by livingnow View Post
^^^^TRASH day^^^^ not trady day- Whatever that is!!! Im out for my (now) usual morning walk- on trash(and recycle) day. I was reflecting of how much we have to HIDE as drunks. Each night I used to " put "my 8- 10 beer bottles in the recycle bin... You know , for some reason I didn't want to make alot of noise by just tossing them in the bin ..... Then "for some reason" several other items covered them up (plastic bottles, paper etc). Then - on trash day- I hated to hear the truck dump my recycle into the truck....cklink, smash (glass breaking- sounded like a house party amout of bottles)....my neighbors bins were quiet..... Ahhhh freedom now...and quiet trash day!!! 40 days no drinkie for me
Not sure why....but your post made me laugh. I was just visualizing the trash truck and all the bottles and cans smashing. Haha. You did a great job describing it!

Anyway...that's a great benefit of being sober! I wasn't a "home drinker" so I didn't have to worry about the trash truck but I had to worry about falling off barstools and passing out in bar bathrooms in front of my neighbors who were also at the bar! Yikes.

Congrats on 40 days AND making your neighborhood a little quieter on trash day. Ha.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Its amazing the amount of time and energy we spend hiding our addiction. I use to plan where I was going to buy the booze, how I was going to sneak the booze into the house, where I was going to hide it once in the house, how I was going to dispose of the evidence, etc..

Than I would wake up in the night looking for any clues that I was drinking so I could conceal them, often unable to remember what I did with the empties. So not worth it.
Thats awesome!!! (so true!)Thanks for sharing
Old 02-04-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Now this is bad...I've even wrapped my empty wine bottles in bubble wrap before I put them in the recycle bin so they wouldn't clink and clank and smash when emptied. Of course, I would cover the bubble wrapped wine bottles with newspapers and other innocent recyclables. shhheesh!!!
Old 02-04-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

After allowing myself to skillfully hide a few bottles, I Would take my other empties to be disposed of in public trash bins, double and triple wrapping them in any 'clink' minimizing covering I could find. I even named it the 'bottle project'. This would go one nearly everyday, or wrist I would have an 'empty buildup' under the sink cabinet. Ideas of my sudden demise, and family members finding not only my stash, but finished bottles were terrifying! How exhausting that all was. Lol
Old 02-05-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I used to count on my fingers whilst looking at the wine like i was trying to work out how much wine all those fictitious people at my dinner party might drink ,,,, LoL , big fat red faced sweaty bloke i dunno who i thought i was kidding …

In the end i just used to buy one of those collapsible boxes .

m
Old 02-05-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ahh recycle day been there done that but thought I was the only one one day mine blew over in a high wind beer cans everywhere so embarresed don't care now my wife must have thought I was sch a good husband always emptied the recycle first thing in the morning......ha ha
Old 02-05-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Round here where I live I've noticed how nearly everyone's recycle bins are literally overflowing with bottles, wine bottles, beer bottles etc, it's a total revelation to me because years ago when I drank loads I would NEVER put my bottles in the recycling!!!! Now it seems everyone is drinking tons & tons and there is not a flicker of embarrassment whatsoever???? Is this a lifestyle thing? I can't believe the amount people drink. So long as it's not me, I dont care.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Livingnow...again, thank you so much for your typo. Just imagining myself dancing next to the bin in pajamas and slippers. Cackling "Trady day!" - makes me smile and laugh. Today is a major stress day with work and I have this awesome '"inside joke" to carry throughout. Hah!
Old 02-05-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

I only have to put my glass recycling out once in a blue moon now. And my neighbours did used to comment, now they just look confused. Ha !