Notices

Your experience with Moderation

Old 02-04-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

There are some things in life I'm really good at.

Moderation is not one of them, I suck at it.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Everytime I see this thread its making me wonder- I think back to a time when my life was more normal. I had a girlfriend, car, job, house etc… And basically I hardly ever drank. Although the few times I did, it was usually trouble too. One time we had a work night out - free drink. I remember (vaguely) at the end of that night driving the wrong way around the one way system a few times in my little modcar with a colleauge from work "for the fun" (shame on me I know)

Another time: usually around xmas in work there was these 1.5 litre bottles of smirnoff going cheap. Well anyways, I bought 6 of them as gifts for people and kept one for myself, which was in my locker at work from xmas until St. Patricks day (March). Good restraint you say, true. Well anyways, I had a few days off I remember thinking great, I have earned this now. There was a party at my ex's sisters bf house, they were there plus another sister and their mother. Well I remember the first few glasses! I had everybody laughing, her mother was recording me on her phone… And then I woke up in the cell! Well actually, I remember stumbling about in the garden with a cop car there, making them wait basically while I looked for my dope… Yeah- stuff like that. Any trouble in my life has been premeditated by alcohol! I don't think its ever going to work for me. People have been saying for years that drink doesn't suit me. Even when I was depressed at home drinking, I did lots of crazy stuff on the internet. Argued with all my friends, got barred from websites etc. If I was drinking right now I would be arguing with you all here, if I was drinking to oblivion I'd be banned trust me on that.

Yeah so I don't think moderation will work for me! Even the example I gave above, everything going smooth in my life, in top form, decided I had earned a drink then boom! So many similar tales like that. F that!