Notices

72 days down the drain

Old 02-05-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I disagree that your "72 days is down the drain".. You proved to yourself that you can do it. Dust yourself off and get after it again. You did it before, for sure you know you can do!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

I'm not sure from your post whether you are saying it was the incident at work or your family that caused you to drink.

Beware of those "reasons".

72 days is a really good chunk of sobriety, and it is amazing that after such a long time sober that AV can jump up from behind- I've had a fair few moments like that myself recently-I didn't drink, but I felt the urge.

You haven't lost anything, and you can learn from this that you really need to watch out for that AV in any form that it might take. x
Old 02-05-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You didn't lose those days. You gained valuable experience and insight. You know that trials in life will happen. How best to deal with them without resorting to what flynbuy said? "I'll show them! I'll hurt me!"

Keep coming back and well done on day 3.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad you're back Angd!

Congrats on Day 3 and counting! Congrats on moving forward again.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If you drink because of the crappy behavior of others, in this case your assistant principal, you will never stay sober long-term. People will let you down, treat you poorly, have their own agendas which hurt you, etc. because we are all imperfect human beings. Drinking because of the behavior of others, ultimately only hurts you. I know this from experience.

What helps me to deal with this stuff is to go to AA meetings and talk when I have an issue that's bugging me. But more important then talking, is to listen. Listening to the experiences of others and the collective wisdom of a bunch of people with years of sobriety, gives me ideas that I can apply in my own life. That collective wisdom helps me deal with life, and keeps me sober.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Encouraging to hear you came back. It was one little blip.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Glad you're back, angd. I won't say anything profound...you know what to do. And you can do it! You'll be fine.