Notices

Thoughts on thinking...

Old 02-01-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Thoughts on thinking...

A while back, I expressed that I don't think of drinking anymore.To be perfectly honest, that is not a true statement. I found this out during one of my walks I have been religiously taking, regardless of outside conditions. I do think about alcohol...just not about wanting to drink it. I try to recall all the times that I indulged in the not-so-fine art of inebriation and what was the appeal to doing so. I think about how I thought it was so important to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or other days of special events by drinking liquor. I ponder the early days of drinking, where I would be so sick and hung over the next day yet continued the practice for the following decades. I think about how much money I have literally pissed away by drinking nearly every day for twenty-five years or more. I remember how alcohol came so close to ending my life on several occasions.
So you see, I do think about drinking...quite a bit, it seems. But what I don't do is think about stopping by the pub and grabbing one or two beers (or eight or ten) on my way home. I don't think about picking up a 12-pack of beer at the gas station when I fill up my truck. And I certainly won't have to think about waking up at 3 a.m. in the wee hours of the morning, wondering if I will ever stop drinking so much.
I'll probably always have a remembrance of drinking, but I don't think it's going to change what I think about alcohol now, you think?

Have a wonderful sober life.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I certainly hope not P
To be honest the only time I think of alcohol, alcoholics and alcoholism now is when I'm here - kinda goes with the job.

Otherwise I am genuinely not troubled

D
Old 02-02-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Creekryder i agree with what D said

Congrats on your sobriety
Old 02-02-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have memories but they are fading with time!! Keep pushing through!!