Notices

NA beer

Old 01-30-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Never really got into it, just think of all the exciting new tasty flavours out there to try rather than limiting ourselves back to "beer"!!

Fruit juices and herbal teas are now my beverage choice, and there's so much variety.

Don't limit yourself from all the new flavours to try being Sober!!
Old 01-30-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Its better then alcoholic beer but i gave in once and went straight to liqour store and bought a case of beer.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you made a good choice DR

D
Old 01-30-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

The name should be reduced alcohol beer, and if you read the label it will tell you what the percentage of alcohol is in it. I myself wouldn't take the chance, rootin for ya..
Old 01-30-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Haven't read all replies so sorry if repeating lol but personally people recommended me non alcoholic wine and I've not done this for 2 reasons. 1. If I taste something that tastes like wine I know I'll crave more than ever and 2. What's the point of non alcoholic wine? I didn't drink it for the taste I drunk it to get drunk and for that feeling. I did like the taste but I liked the taste because I associated it with the most amazing feeling of being pissed which I loved. I think non alcoholic drinks are great for people who have never had a problem and just want to go out but can't drink cz they're driving or whatever but too much of a trigger (for me anyway) when trying to abstain xx
Old 01-30-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I've never weighed in on the NA beer discussions before but I don't quite understand why someone would do this. I never liked beer, so I think I miss the point. Is it about the taste?

Maybe it's a bad analogy, but I was a dance floor drug user for years and for me it's like going to a forest party and taking a de-activated LSD blotter or going to a night club and eating a dyed sugar pill pressed to look like Ecstasy. To do that would already put a crack in my sobriety that would open the door to the real thing and I just can't see the point if I'm not going to get high because that was the point.

But who am I to judge? My sponsor occasionally drinks NA beer and has been sober for years.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That's my catch 22.. I do enjoy the taste of beer i.e. micro brewery's,ect.. When I would drink these it was purely for the taste. When I would get drunk on beer it was always bud/miler/coors light, ect.. That way I could drink more..stupid looking back since most micro beers have double the %...
Old 01-30-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I think I'll eer on the side of caution with this though..No need for unexpected triggers popping up so early in my sobriety(still can't believe I'm actually typing that word!).
Old 01-30-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Isn't it amazing using sobriety and yourself in the same sentence! I'm sober too yay!! Haha. I def wouldn't take the chance because even if initially it's just for the taste how long before that little voice goes ' hmm yea but I could have this taste AND that amazing feeling too'. That's just what mine would say anyway. Always worth being cautious...better safe than sorry xx
Old 01-30-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

there you go.

better safe than sorry - It's just too soon in my opinion. It's great that you are willing to take some suggestions. You'll do well in the long run DR.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Non alcoholic wine, damn, thats gotta be as bad as boxed wine with no alcohol lol
Old 01-30-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Just got home from work. Stopped to get gas and checked out the NA beer selections,since I've never looked at these. I can understand paying for one or two if out with friends/dinner or something,but they're basically the same price as a beer with a buzz inside! I just laughed and didn't make eye contact with the normal case I'd be buying for the weekend.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Haha well done xx