Notices

Close call

Old 01-30-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
It was easier numb.

Jennifer
Ain't that the truth! I was just saying this very thing on another thread the other day and have been thinking a lot about it. I have so many failed attempts at sobriety because when something bad would happen (or some aspect of my life , present or past, would rear its head) I'd drink to tap it back into its hole. It was easier, until it wasn't easier. My body was walking around in my life like an automaton and my soul and heart were breaking.

I really think more and more that not drinking is the first key step, but what we do after that is what keeps us sober. Sober we see and hear things that we didn't see or hear before--look around and put your ear to the ground. Don't overwhelm yourself. Just observe.

Take care, Jenn! You should be tremendously proud for putting that beer back. I've been there and it is hard to do. It is an amazing moment of recognition.

Sending you and your family peaceful and supportive thoughts.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

whoa. good work.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well done on putting the beer back. As for the other issues at hand, the safety of your child and how you are being treated, as a parent there's no gray line when a 6 year old is involved and you deserve better than to be treated as you are.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You didn't drink. You tell the brain committee that is a triumph. Put yourself and your child's safety first. Create a pop up book series confronting the differences between women and men, be a best selling author
Old 01-30-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Please don't get the wrong idea...this is not a drama movie situation. My daughter is safe, loved and a little spoiled. She is very intelligent. I don't want to paint the picture that there is this fall down drunk slamming into walls and passing out every night. Maybe I shouldn't paint such an awful picture of him. It's hard to convey a situation over a computer screen. He loves her as his own and considers her his daughter. He just messed up big time. The explosion of a fight that followed...me...my fault...yes and I'm not beating myself up. I'm 4 months sober and still living in a drinkers mentality. Situations are going to come up that I don't know how to handle yet. I posted this as a vent and an example. Please understand...and yeah he still is in deep doo doo for this one.

Jennifer
Old 01-30-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm so proud of you...
Old 01-30-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

don't minimize what he did. if you had hired a babysitter and came home to the same scence, what would you do? would you EVER allow that sitter to watch your child for four seconds? HE cannot be trusted. he didn't just have a couple beer while IN CHARGE OF A CHILD, he drank himself passed out. you could have walked in on a complete nightmare......

i'm glad you made the wise choice to NOT drink. please take this situation seriously......your child deserves that.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I hear you and understand on the "making it sound worse" specially over the computer screen. You know what you are willing to put up with but know that things like this don't get better unless there is radical change. Has he kicked you out before? Is it something that repeats itself? Things just always tend to escalade. Just know that other than your daughter, you don't owe anyone anything. you have been complaining about him for a long time... I don't know your full story either I'm just trying to tell you what I see. But again and as usual drinking is only going to make everything worse and I am very proud of you for making it through all this rough time. Give yourself credit because that is a huge deal and it shows that you have it in you to make it all the way.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Super proud of you!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
I hear you and understand on the "making it sound worse" specially over the computer screen. You know what you are willing to put up with but know that things like this don't get better unless there is radical change. Has he kicked you out before? Is it something that repeats itself? Things just always tend to escalade. Just know that other than your daughter, you don't owe anyone anything. you have been complaining about him for a long time... I don't know your full story either I'm just trying to tell you what I see. But again and as usual drinking is only going to make everything worse and I am very proud of you for making it through all this rough time. Give yourself credit because that is a huge deal and it shows that you have it in you to make it all the way.
No this is a first. We don't fight. He pisses me off a lot...and I vent on here about it. Every other issue I've posted about has been calmly addressed. I have to stop trying to change others.

Jennifer
Old 01-30-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yeah, expectations are a big one for me too. Be patient with yourself and do what feels right for you. Keep working at your sobriety. It pays off.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Great job on not drinking Jennifer!!