Notices

this is the last one I have in me

Old 01-29-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

this is the last one I have in me

this detox, the withdrawals, the guilt and remorse, not sure if I'm going to lose my job or my girl friend or both. I can't do it again, this is it.I can't eat, I can't sleep I can feel every molecule working to get me through this and they are out of gas after this one.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this can be your last day one. You can do this.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like the nightmare I am trying not to EVER return to! You don't EVER have to feel this bad again....What's your plan?

I have a plan...so far so good. Hang in there!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome back! SoberRecovery is like AA--it works if you work it. Read around and post often!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this isaidyesyesyes
Old 01-29-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

my plan is to make it to the dr appointment tomorrow. get valium or maybe if he takes my vitals and thinks I need to go to detox then I'll do that.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

but my plan for now is to drink enough to not experience withdrawals. It just sucks I dont want to drink. I have to. I woke up earlier today with withdrawals and I drank a beer and felt it instantly. my body was starving for it. I know I probably shouldnt be talking about drinking on here because it may trigger people. but please take this as a deterrent.
there is no feeling that is a fair trade for this
Old 01-29-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know exactly what you are going through. I never cared about the sweats, nausea, or headaches. It was the anxiety and insomnia that really made me suffer. The racing-mind that just won't let you relax even for a decent nap because you replay every event in your your head you feel guilt about.

It will pass. Ask anyone here and they will say the same thing. You just need to give yourself some time. 4-5 days of no booze and you should feel a huge improvement. You'll be tired and feeling like sh*t but emotionally much better. At that point, you then must decide on what actions you should take to stay sober. I go to a therapist twice a week, AA twice a week, and use this site.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I know exactly what you are going through. I never cared about the sweats, nausea, or headaches. It was the anxiety and insomnia that really made me suffer. The racing-mind that just won't let you relax even for a decent nap because you replay every event in your your head you feel guilt about.

It will pass. Ask anyone here and they will say the same thing. You just need to give yourself some time. 4-5 days of no booze and you should feel a huge improvement. You'll be tired and feeling like sh*t but emotionally much better. At that point, you then must decide on what actions you should take to stay sober. I go to a therapist twice a week, AA twice a week, and use this site.
thats what I'm going through right now, every bad thing in my life. I'm reaping what I sow. I cant relax, myy nervous system is in hyper drive. it feels like I'm getting shelled in the trenches of world war 1. every noise makes me jump
Old 01-29-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you. You can do it. Survive for a healthier future. You can, I know it.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was in your same position just 24hrs ago...sick from all the drinking, and sick of it...I went first thing this morning to the docs for help and so grateful I did, I've relapsed twice....hope this is IT for me...take the steps you know you need to take isaidyes...good luck...new here by the way, this site is an excellent tool knowing your not alone and seeing people s success...
Old 01-30-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Isaidyesyesyes View Post
thats what I'm going through right now, every bad thing in my life. I'm reaping what I sow. I cant relax, myy nervous system is in hyper drive. it feels like I'm getting shelled in the trenches of world war 1. every noise makes me jump
The good news: it doesn't last. You'll feel better every day.

The bad news: You can screw it up just by drinking one day.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How are you today, Isaidyesyesyes?

Are you hanging in there?
Old 01-30-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

One of my favorite sayings is "this to shall pass"... it is hard to sit in it, really hard. But, buckle down get through it and know you don't ever have to feel this way again.. ever..
Old 01-30-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I hope you feel a bit better today isaid

reading your post gave me the shivers - taking me back to the last binge I went on last May. That was a full blown 5 days of pure hell. I wouldn't have wished that on my worst enemy.
hang in!! you know it gets better with each day we stop poisoning ourselves.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You can do this, you don't have to come back to this place ever again if you don't want to!!