Notices

Finding Joy Sober Weekender Thread - Jan 30-Feb 1

Old 01-31-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ruby... You had everything ok except you dropped the .jpg from the file name. Hit quote on my post and see what I did as compared to the link you posted.

Have a good evening! I am heading into bed and watch tv and get sleepy.

See you sobrietists in the morning!
Old 01-31-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I just don't know how I feel about SPAM LITE....just seems wrong.

Still waiting on where to find bacon jerky
Old 01-31-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Oops missed that. I found the bacon jerky in the grocery store. Its made by Johnsonville. They had 2 kinds applewood smoked and sweet &smokey maple. I found the applewood more appealing than the maple was to sweet but i still ate it.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Thanks!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Closing my day 3 tonight with some lemon and grapefruit seltzer water and some homemade black bean and butternut squash tacos, which came out great! Highly recommend whipping some up if you wanna opt for a meat free option
Space heater is on, Amazon Prime is streaming; only thing missing is some ice cream!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

If I had to rely on the instruction manual for my phone I may as well use it for a door wedge. Scant information is an understatement. Thanks Weasel! I was able to do the plant pic (twice) and the ice sign (more than twice) so I should be able to do other pics. I just have to recreate the action.

Son and I had frozen pizza for dinner. I'm having a spectacularly unproductive day. Is it too soon for bed? For son, that is. He won't go. Knows how to tell time, dang it!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

All this hilarious Selfie Stick talk somehow brought this Oldie Song to mind. The era of 'Blondie'. 'Iggy Pop & The Stooges'. Bowie. CBGBs.

Salmon Burgers for Din-din as detailed in the NY Times. Got Tina Turner cranked on the Stereo singing 'Midnight Hour' live. Now, it's Eric Clapton with Tina ripping through 'Tearing Us Apart'. The Weather is clearing right on Forecast, but we had some neato, intermittent Fog all day. It lifted for the Pic below.

Prior to this Pic, in really dense Fog, we heard this bassy, 'whomp_ing' sound. It was this Herd of about 14 Animals thundering by, spooked by something. Really close to the Master Bedroom Glass Doors. Remarkable sight. It reminded me of the Dinosaurs stampeding in 'Jurassic Park'. The Deer settled down, and came back around to snack on the Plants. A massive Trophy Buck is just out of Pic range to the right. He made the Yearling Bucks in the Pic look like stuffed Toys.

'Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick' ~ Ian Dury & The Blockheads ~ Live

-----
Old 01-31-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Thanks for the picture and the song. I like that one and it's been ages since I last heard it.

No deer thundering by for me. The cats sometimes sound like a small herd of elephants when they chase each other around the house. Less picturesque.

I'm looking at three containers with worn looking strawberries and deciding whether to make the strawberry cake Miss Ruby "hated" a few weeks ago. It all got eaten which is unusual for baked goods in this house so she was the only one.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Thanks again, Ruby, and thank you Endgame.
I'm very grateful to be sober today.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Wow. This thread has been hopping today. I got the biggest kick out of the strip club lunch, bacon jerky and spam lite. I found many gems of wisdom in here. Thank you!!

In case you did know, they also have jalapeno spam. From what I calculated if you ate the entire can of spam lite, it would be 20 weight watcher points.

I haven't been feeling well, so I've been laying lower than usual. Pretty much all I've done is school work today (although that's what I tend to do on weekends). I did take a break and run 2 superbowl prediction stats with one of my pets. My pet predicted the pats to win both times.

Keep hanging in there everyone!
Old 01-31-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Feel better!!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Ohhhhhhh now its on. I've gotta try that jalapeno spam.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Glorious Spam!

I had a few minutes so, I got some friends and....

Old 01-31-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I love spam...used to fry it with scrambled eggs. I must admit however that I haven't eaten it in years.
I went to a splendid party. I thought it was just dinner at my friends house but I was wrong and there were quite a few people there. I was a little awkward feeling when I first arrived and the bottles of wine looked good. But I got talking to people and the temptation passed. There were lots of wonderful appetizers also. I tend to eat a lot more since I don't drink. But anyway, it was a really nice evening and I had a great time. My cake was a hit. And...I got invited to a super bowl party. So I won't be watching the game home alone.
I was saying in another thread, now that I don't just stay home alone with my bottle of wine I'm making new friends. It's really good to be out of hibernation and off the pity pot. I pray that I never return to that. To anyone out there who is considering it...don't do it! The sober life is so much better. Yes it's hard...but worth it.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

HaF, good for you. That sounds like a great time. I've felt a lot more confident in social settings without the alcohol. I'm not worried.

Strat, I hope you feel better! Thank you for the jalapeņo spam. I googled spam and Wikipedia tells me that there is even bacon spam in Hawaii. Your can says "glorious" spam. All these spam my adjectives. Crazy tasty glorious spam. I want that writers job!

Time for bed. Cat cuddled and shed all over me. Hair shirt, anyone?
Old 01-31-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ruby, there's bacon SPAM just down the street from me.

SPAM is everywhere.

Resistance is futile.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I don't think I've ever had spam. Hmm?! What does the bacon spam tin say?

Bedtime! I will awake to a winter wonderland. Its that snow that builds. Traffic pretty light so I'm hoping Mr. Ruby gets to work safely.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good Sober Sunday Morning!!!!

Up early to get to the gym today. No amount of cold air or wind in my face can stop me today. None I tell you!

On Stratergery's post #230 you can see the ingredients for spam. I don't know about you but that does not look to bad!!! I can pronounce all the words!

Happy February!! It's the first of the month. We get to start fresh today for another increment.

If you need a new starting point then today is as good as any!!

If you need a good end point then today is as good as any!!

I am one of those people that feels most comfortable with delineation of some kind. Hmmm... I wonder if that's also the source of not wanting food to touch on the dinner plate... But that's just me thinking out loud. I digress...

Use today to kick off something new for yourself. Maybe a small personal goal. I set an exercise goal of 300,000 steps a month to keep my waistline where it needs to be... With February such a short month I need to get extra in each day to meet that goal. So that's my focus for 28 days!

Have a good morning!!! Trach will be around soon to provide Sunday Morning Sounds I am sure of it!!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Sheesh! I leave you guys alone for a few hours and this thread is loaded with food pron! Way to make a guy wake up hungry!

Mrs. Non, Daughter Non and I went to see American Sniper last night. We enjoyed it. We went to the theater we used to go to all the time before we moved in 2012 and found they have remodeled it. Huge comfy reclining seats now. That is a heckuva great way to watch a movie!

Tomorrow is Groundhog Day. There was a Bill Murray movie called Groundhog Day about a guy who ends up reliving the same day over and over again, although he is the only person who realizes it is the same day. My life used to be a like that. I lived the same day over and over again. Now every day can be whatever I want it to be. It's a much better place.

Happy Super Sunday, y'all!
Old 02-01-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

seems I wake up at 630 whether I need to or not...

debating whether or not to go out to watch the game, I was trying to think of what I did last year - yeah, I went to a meeting and got home in time to catch the second half - considering I was only a week out of rehab... starting day 7 nicotine free