Notices

Finding Joy Sober Weekender Thread - Jan 30-Feb 1

Old 01-29-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders!!

My turning point?

For me the myth that I was functioning needed to be broken down, holding down a job, no divorces, no DUI, everything looked rosy but things were progressing, the hangovers were getting worse, productivity at work had dropped, I was on a train that was about to crash, and it was time to get off at a station a few stops back!!

Support and letting others into my life was the key, SR provided a way to get outside of my own head, a way to tell my own mind that it was WRONG, I didn't need alcohol in my life, I wouldn't be miserable without alcohol, my life wouldn't be over, I couldn't moderate or have just 1 drink, support cut through all the myths and fairytales whereas in isolation my mind sold me hook line and sinker every time, because I never got a second opinion from anywhere.

If you're struggling, use the support available, on SR there is no shortage!!

Let's do this Weekenders!!
Old 01-29-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Gilmer, as much time as you spend on Hebrew and trolling for shotgun, I'm not surprised you don't have time to cook.

BigS, that looks painful. Ever since my encounter with a jellyfish I look at the ocean and think: "Here be Monsters"

Of course I'm in for Joy! (Which one is she, again?)

Mine came when my Dad commented that he was so glad I had broken my habits on my own.

It's not Sunday morn but, this is a different kind of classical music video, a different kind of flashmob.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm in!

I can't believe it's Thursday already. This week has really flown by.

Each week since I quit drinking has been better than the last, but I feel like it has been in the past four weeks where I've really turned a corner. Maybe it was making it through the holidays. Maybe it was because I started practicing yoga and meditation after the first of the year. Maybe it was just that it took my brain about six weeks to heal and start to feel "normal". Or all of the above. Regardless, I'm in a good place right now. Many things that seemed hopeless before are not just possible now, but even probable. It was worth it.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Trach -- perfect video for the thread and the moment. Loved it. Thank you.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks trach! I needed that!
Old 01-29-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

In for the weekend. Tomorrow is half a day since its the work holiday party. I'm skipping the party since its nothing more than a boozefest and i don't get along with any of my coworkers. Gonna stay home and try to figure out how I'm get my head above water with all this debt i have.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

how appropriate I am following spam dude.
After I dropped wiff off I spent time just 'out'. I came a cross a "lunchmeat slicer" and it showed what appeared to be a block of spam on it. I took a pic with my phone but something is up and I can't even email it to myself - I hate this phone.

gReat post mex. gotta run, they are getting out early, I'm taxi man today
Old 01-29-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I am IN IN IN for sober weekend. Often I'd do errands then drink then fall asleep early and be too groggy for big activities Sunday. Ew. NOW I'm already planning visiting a few (non drinking) pals - even going to a friends daughters dance recital. These are not things I normally do and I love it - I don't have to "save" the day to rest because I'll have so much more energy.

Love the enthusiasm and wisdom on this thread! Boosted my weekend "can do" attitude (as in CAN see friends, CANNOT drink) and I'm glad to be aboard!
Old 01-29-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Fantastic Yankees!!!

As for me I am out... hope to get to the gym early before the storm gets going. See you all in the morning!

Hey 2WT... I have a ton of debt to clear myself. Years of crack will do that. I am getting there... so will you.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

My husband is bringing home fajitas tonight, yay, no cooking The dogs will be begging.

Then, a warm bath, some herbal tea, and more reading.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sounds like some nice evenings out there. I myself just started a fire, the logs are a cracklin'. The nights have been cold up here in the mountains - was down to 44 (7C) last night. Going to cozy up with a movie and an early bed time. My Tico neighbors have friends up on their rooftop terrace tonight, but thankfully I think the cold will bring them down at a reasonable hour. But, not my circus, not my monkeys.

2wheel - Been there, got the t-shirt. If you can, take it easy and don't worry about the huge debt all at once. When I started paying off my terrible financial situation, I took a super-small payment plan (honestly, it was $8 per month for a YEAR just because I was showing good will) and worked my way from there. You'll be alright, try not to stress. Stick to the sober side and your decisions will be solid!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

BTW, our TV show is on and new tonite. "Mom" is on at 8:30 on CBS.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

At hair dresser under dryer and catching up. Coming here is a budget killer and like 2wt and weasel, I'm up to eyeballs in debt. I can dig my way out but it seems overwhelming at times. Hair dresser? I went for so long doing it myself and going for cheap haircuts that I got sick of it before Christmas. It is a splurge but I feel better about myself. What I spend is what husband would spend on crack in one night. Hair is the healthier splurge.

Glad to see people here.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Still experimenting with photo uploads on new phone. Bacon was a prime topic in my paper's Taste section on Wednesday. Some good ideas.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Old 01-29-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Argh!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Rubys Bacon Photo:

Attached Images
Old 01-29-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

oK, It's the late night version.

Don't take the words too literal but get the overall gist. How I feel about this place:
Old 01-29-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

okay ruby I get it, watch out for falling ice!

I saw a chocolate bar tonight, Pigs N Taters, bacon and potato chips inside - yum ME

Love Edgar Winter's White Trash,

I apologize in advance for this. But , well...

Old 01-29-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Dammit Brain don't encourage me!