Notices

Finding Joy Sober Weekender Thread - Jan 30-Feb 1

Old 02-02-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Good job Lizella! I'm glad you joined us and made it through.

On a cheery note, Mr. Ruby made it too. He admitted there were moments but he did it.

Snow day for me. Kids are off. So I'm off. Mr. Ruby took a cab to work in the wee hours because our other car got stuck in the middle of our block. The wet snow turned to ice under the fluffy stuff on top. I will have to figure out if I can get it out before its towed. My arms are sore. I wanted to get in shape but not quite like this.

I saw a bright red cardinal perched on a branch amidst white fluffy snow. Perfect picture but he moved. Dang. OK. Time to get suited up.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

woke up at 330 ??? went back to sleep and woke up at 620 - got up because I knew it was gonna be a mess. An inch of snow followed by rain all night - didn't freeze but what a mess.

All this talk about okra. Here's my okra story, true event.

When I was in middle school – I forget what age – I had my first experience with okra.
I came from a family that served canned corn or green beans. Nutrition was not on the menu at my house. So anyway, they served this vegetable soup at school. I’m sitting there and I see this weird looking green wagon wheel thing in my soup. I guess I’m supposed to eat it. So I just fire it down my throat whole. Didn’t taste it or want to – almost gagged on it. I had strange thoughts about it all afternoon. Well that night I had a nightmare. This green wagon wheel thing started migrating through my body. I could feel it moving around inside me. Then there appeared a lump in the shape of okra just under the skin on my belly to the right of my belly button. I proceeded to pick at it and dig until I finally got it out. It was horrible but I had to get it out of me. I still recall this dream vividly. I was so distraught over having ingested this thing that I had to dig it out of my body.

Enjoy your week
Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

But have you eaten okra since then Brain?

My weekend turned into a four day weekend. I'm going to pick mr. Ruby up at work. His exit is, apparently, the same exit I take to get to my office. There are no free days I guess. But, I'm not in the office. Tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

I've eaten okra boiled (slimy), chopped and fried, raw, and pickled. I love okra no matter the preparation Yum yum. Good stuff.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

There is so much snow here!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am completely snowed in with 15 inches by tomorrow morning.

All my co-workers are remote and I am getting work done. A real blessing to be able to do that and not have weather matter. I feel safer.

But I am battling some depressive moods today. I fight back by cleaning the house. When I feel like everything outwardly is in order I can better order the inside stuff if that makes any sense!!

So a break from work and cleaning in full swing. Glad you all are still here today! Thanks!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

A fair amount of snow by me, but nothing like upstate NY. Still, it's a snow day and the pre-SR me would have stocked up on wine by now and been well into my cups. What a better and brighter day being sober. Love not having that Monday hangover too. Ahhhhhhh.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
But I am battling some depressive moods today. I fight back by cleaning the house. When I feel like everything outwardly is in order I can better order the inside stuff if that makes any sense!!
Thanks!
It makes sense, Weasel. I clean up clutter around me constantly in an effort to allow for a "cluttered" mind that's necessary in order to write.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I do the same thing when I struggle Wease I clean. Always have except when drinking then I didn't accomplish much of anything. I just shoveled an hour ago and probably should do it again!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Yeah!!! That means I am normal!!!

HA HA HA!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Old 02-02-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Weasel and Della - I'm officially jealous. So when you're depressed the house is spotless - when I'm depressed the house is messier and I'm 5 lbs heavier (stupid ice cream!).
Old 02-02-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

hang in there snow folks - spring is just six weeks away -
did the groundhog see his shadow?

yes, I eat okra now, I can eat almost anything but sauer kraut and liver. If I had to I could choke down kraut on a dog, but I'll starve before I eat liver.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

He did see his shadow....not sure how with no sun
Old 02-02-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Ugggg i can't take winter anymore. Nothing like slipping and sliding trying to ride a bicycle in this crap. Made it home from work to a 4 foot berm of snow at the bottom of my driveway. So glad they could push the snowbanks back on my road today. I'm sick of shoveling snow, i want spring now