Notices

Finding Joy Sober Weekender Thread - Jan 30-Feb 1

Old 02-01-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Finally sat down to look at Sunday paper. A coupon for a dollar off spam. The planets are aligned.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

It's an omen!!! Love it.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Having a chilled Sunday watching films with a friend. Perfect
Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Yes Della, it's a sign. There was also a coupon for corn dogs which my son would live off of if he could. Strange days.

Lizella, good to see you. Hanging out and watching movies sounds great. Snow here is not easing so that may be our day too.

Daughter refused to come home when husband went to pick her up. Obviously, at six, it's the adult's choice so he caved and left her. He's napping after work so I will end up getting her. She has a ton of homework to catch up with if she's going to turn her packet in on Thursday. And I'm out of chunky monkey ice cream. Priorities here.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Time to make the popper snacks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
poppersnacks.JPG (69.1 KB, 59 views)
Old 02-01-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Hello all, just checking in.
I'm looking forward to Downton Abbey tonight.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So much hype on Super Bowl Sunday. Imagine if the gays acted out for the Oscars in the same way?

That guy walking around wearing a shirt with Cumberbatch across the back and stuff....

You see 5 guys with chiseled chests and gold letters painted on spelling out M E R Y L...

As a fan favorite wins, the crowd goes wild!!! ... and all you can here are long S's.

Trash talk about the runners up... "Black jerseys!?!?! An atrocity!"

The guy over there wearing a Edith Head shirt... A fair weather fan... Doesn't even really like her... Just she won 8 times for costume design and he only roots for the winning team. No matter she's dead.

Yeah... Would be quite interesting for sure...
Old 02-01-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Leshar.. Good to see you. Never watched that but it wins a lot of attention. I think I should start it. I have Amazon prime.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Had a rough morning, woke up with my head not quite right. So i hopped on my bicycle and rode to an AA meeting. This was the first time i have been to this meeting. There was a lot i could indentify with, but the whole holding hands and praying at the end was very awkward. Still on the fence about AA but feeling alittle better now.

Came home and roof raked the back half of my house since it doesn't see any sun. Now my shoulders are sore but i did work off some aggression. Gonna start my ribs soon for da Superbowl
Old 02-01-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Good you saw you needed some help 2WT and went to a meeting. I am not an AA guy. I find some things about it uncomfortable. I do use AVRT and it's very helpful. That's how I stay sober.

Was at local place for lunch. They have good live jazz music. I had to sit at the bar. The guy next to me got a to go cup for his drink. Yes. To go at noon. I used to be that way. Sad when you see it through sober eyes.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Imagine if the gays acted out for the Oscars in the same way?
I like Cumberbatch, Meryl, and Edith Head. I'm straight and I don't care who knows it, so stop your stereotyping, Mister!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Com'mon nons... That's funny stuff. No stereotyping...lol... But it strikes me with each big event how fans of each all do their thing. I love it!

And for those that think I am picking on any one group I am gay so that's why I find it especially funny.

But if my humor offended I applogize. A rare outburst from the weasel.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
I'm looking forward to Downton Abbey tonight.
I haven't watched any Downton Abby, but it seems like it might be a good antidote to Spam, okra and football. So, maybe tonight's the night I give it a try? Love the Avatar!

Just Kidding for all you spam and okra loving football fans out there.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Who has okra? I love okra pickles. On the fence about it in other stuff. No one's going much of anywhere fast. One would think the world was ending. Mayoral press conference with every department commissioner talking seriously about what they are doing. For gosh sakes, its a foot of snow on top of no snow and its the Midwest so deal. Oh, wait, the mayoral election is coming up and incumbents have lost elections based on their handling of the snow situation. It is starting to blow so its hard to see. Side streets not plowed so if you are off the main streets you could get stuck. Poor Mr. Ruby will be going to work at one a.m. in it.

But, warm and cozy inside. Weasel, I thought that your Oscars comments were great. I loved the Edith Head based character in The Incredible, dahling!! No capes!
Old 02-01-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

No worries, I was being ironical. or, at least, I thought I was.

Got chili simmering in the pot (I put okra pickles in my chili, Ruby, so come and get some!), poppers ready for the oven, and some diet ginger ale, I am officially ready for the game!

How should I kill the next 3 hours? A nap, perhaps?
Old 02-01-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

I thought there was a bomb scare in home depot. Where is everyone? OH, they're all at the supermarkets buying foodstuffs for the game.
I almost did it last week - but this week it's on. I took out the frozen crab meat I have and gonna mix it with the roasted red pepper bisque I have, and have some venison loin, and au gratin potatoes and brussels sprouts,
looks like it game on here.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I watched the first series of Downton Abbey, it's a very good watch, must go back and watch some of the other series soon!!

Settling in on my Sunday evening, looking forward to the game, unlike the US the pre coverage only starts a few hours prior, the one time I was in the US I remember the lead up to the Super Bowl went on all day from the early hours of the morning!!

Watching some TV, TopGear and then Dragon's Den is on, brings me up to 10pm!!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
It's going to be an easy day. I'm not going to push anything.
I don't know, Ruby. From what I've been reading, an "easy day" for you seems to be cooking and cleaning for the entire Metropolitan Chicage Area, figuring out how to make the trains run on time, and submitting a cure for cancer. But not before bringing peace to the Middle East. Accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in person will just have to wait.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Endgame...my sentiments exactly.
Lbrain. ..sounds like a gourmet football meal, yum!
I've got wings in the oven. I hope they come out ok. I coated them in maple syrup and rubbed them with spices. I may only stay till halftime at my friend's and then dash home. I'll set the dvr just in case halftime is interesting. Not a huge Katie perry fan.
Otherwise a lazy day around here. Took a long nap after a nice walk with the doggies. They chased a jack rabbit and lost their minds.
ruby...enjoy being snowed in. We don't get much exciting weather here in the southwest. I loved a good snow storm when I lived up north, but not the cold.
Ok...see you later!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I almost did it last week - but this week it's on. I took out the frozen crab meat I have and gonna mix it with the roasted red pepper bisque I have, and have some venison loin, and au gratin potatoes and brussels sprouts,
looks like it game on here.
I'm going to LBrain's house. Can I bring anything?