Notices

PAWS - Stuttering and absent minded

Old 01-29-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chances

PAWS - Stuttering and absent minded

Hi,

Don't know if this is PAWS or something else.

I've noticed my speech in the last few days is picking up. One person commented that I sounded exited. I was not. I don't feel anxious. I on annual leave and nothing else major is kicking off - IE no other major issues to cause stress even if I'm not feeling it,
however
just that this is occurring has my mind racing tonight. I'm also thinking today and yesterday I missing thing - information or forgetting to do small tasks within seconds of thinking of them. EG going shops and forgetting why, being told by a neighbour that he just bought timber to fix a bench and asking within 30 seconds why he has new timber in his ute. (He was amused) but I'm not usually so absent of mind.

Is this a common thing. ... will it get worse or go away with a day or is it not even alcohol related???

Thanks
Old 01-29-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We all go through different rates of recovery when we stop drinking. Our body and our mind go through a healing process.....especially our brain. This is totally normal ....I would rather be absent minded than having to deal with all of the other consequences of a drinking bender!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Yeah I've had a few moments like that too. Forgetting words, forgetting what people have told me a lot, not being sure whether I made appointments or not, emotions all over the place.

I'm nearly four months sober now and it seems to be easing a bit, but comes and goes still.

Hang in there !
Old 01-29-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

I had that. I don't have that today.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I noticed all sorts of things when I quit drinking, the memory issues was a big one, but in time things adjusted and got better!!

Hang in there!!