Notices

Cracked up in Vancouver

Old 08-11-2004, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Cracked up in Vancouver

Hello Everyone,

This is strange to talk on line like this! Nice though. I had been in recovery(AA) for going on 13 years and started to dabble with cocaine, crack to be exact! Well within months I was addicted and last week went to Detox. One good thing is I did not pick up a drink. Something to hold on to I think.

I am clean now and finding resourses to stay that way. This will be one of those resourses as well as meetings, sponsor and more. I don't know much about crack but know it is deadly and ugly and a powerfull addiction.

If anyone has insight into this drug or recovery from it, it would be more than wellcomed.

Thank you for being here,
A very grateful human with a nasty disease...Jennifer
Old 08-11-2004, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sam082602

Crack is such an evil drug but on the forums here there is one for Narcotics Anonymous & I would suggest that you might check this out for yourself because it might be very helpful to you!!

Old 08-11-2004, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome to SoberRecovery Jennifer.
Dan in Ontario here.
I moved from substance to substance quite a few times.
The result is always the same. I know that now.
Thanks for sharing.
I'm glad you're here
Old 08-11-2004, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Hey Jennifer! Welcome to SR

Recovering crack addict here... clean from crack since 2002.

Personally, I was able to get off of it on my own because I have such a strong aversion to becoming a crack ***** (don't know if this is going to be asterisked out), which was where I was headed.

I did it the hard way. You don't have to........ I highly suggest going to NA! Now I'm going to AA and NA (alcoholic and pillhead too) and am having a much easier time over it.

Check the Substance Abuse forum and the NA forum on this website too. Very helpful!

Good luck and keep posting! This website has been a godsend to me.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Moontime- Addict. Crack was one of my drugs of no choice. It only takes a very short time to cross the thin line from recreational use to full-blown addict with this drug. At Narcotics Anonymous, we are a addiction recovery program. A one-stop shop, we don't focus on particular substances. If your drug is alcohol, pills, opiates, speed your in the right place. Alcohol is a drug. In recovery in relapse in our basic text, it talks how nobody has failed to find recovery or relapsed by living the NA way of life. I would suggest going to an NA meeting ASAP http://www.bcrscna.bc.ca/
Old 08-12-2004, 07:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Jennifer and Welcome,
Sherry-recovering addict. I agree with the others about NA. I am recovering from the same drug you speak of. It brought me to my knees QUICK. I now live my life the NA way, because I never want to live the life of despair that I did for so long. I am recovering from several substances, and know I can't use any mind or mood altering drugs, including alcohol, if I want to live in this new found freedom.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hey i am new here in the chat roses i was addicted to crack have been aclean off it now for 6 months and i stll crave it its wicked the strenght and desire of not wanting to use is there i keep me in positive places rooms and people i can easily go bakc its just one click of lighter away but the consequlences of thsi drug was the worst i had ever endured man i did it all for it crack takes on the endorphine level in your brain the reason why its so addicted is th at when the high or hit is over the endorphine drop and the mind is telling you more so exercise alot and eat healthy talk talk talkk secrets in my life held me aback long time meandmyriver2004******.com
holla back

Last edited by CarolD; 08-07-2006 at 02:38 PM.