Notices

AA meetings???

Old 01-28-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety Dat 26\10\2012

AA meetings???

Well I posted the other day I got caught drink driving and lost my licence/job so needed to lend money off my dad today because I needed a drink and he said we will talk in the morning (his ex Army so just an other bolleking) what does he want me to say? everytime I drink I promise myself its the last time and ive been making the same promise for the last 10 years? people keep telling me AA meeting but ive been to them before and no offence to people who go to them and well done if it works for you but when I went all I done was sat there days on end listening to the same old stories just told differently, maybe if I contributed and spoke but im a bit shy. like I said im glad if it helps people but I cant sit listening to the same old stuff. sorry for the essay lol
Old 01-28-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AA isn't the only option, there are many others to look into. Try them out and go with what works best for you.

You can do it.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

check out the secular section on here.
many other options than just AA to stay sober.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If sitting listening means you're drinking then that's surely a good thing, SR is a bit similar, reading numerous threads passes time and keep someone Sober during the day or until bedtime!!

We need to do something for support Dan, if not AA then try something, what is there to loose!!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just sitting and listening at AA meeting doesn't do a whole lot for most people. Pushing at the walls of our comfort zones and learning to live differently is what most who are successful at this do. I believe one has to really want to be sober before it can happen. Once they want it, it's easier to become open minded and willing. Doesn't have to be AA, but I know from my own experience that with an open and willing mind, AA works.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi.
No one can get you sober except yourself. Save the space for those that want it and are willing to go to all lengths to get and stay sober. For most stopping drinking is the first baby step, the object for a healthy life is to stay stopped by following the directions needed, like them or not for as long as it takes.

This can be a good or a miserable existence and death we’re talking about, it’s no walk in the park for many of us once we put the toys away because we need to change the person we brought along. This is because we are addicted to alcohol and cannot drink again in safety. Ours and others.

BE WELL