SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   3 weeks gone? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/357833-3-weeks-gone.html)

TBA 01-27-2015 09:32 PM

3 weeks gone?

Went on a 4 day bender...

I will consider tomorrow 3and a half weeks...

Days in a row is overrated...

As long as I'm trying I'm not giving up...

Creekryder 01-27-2015 09:37 PM

Don't repeat the lapse. True, days are not the important issue. Making the commitment and following through is paramount. Don't play the game with the addiction. It will take you down every time.

MariahGayle 01-27-2015 09:58 PM

Those 3 weeks aren't gone TBA - Don't get stuck back in the cycle. Tomorrows a new day...start again & move forward. Be kind to yourself

Jsbodhi 01-28-2015 12:02 AM

I'm on day 4, but I have drank a quarter of what I normally do this month, progress is progress.

JanieJ 01-28-2015 01:11 AM

Keep trying TBA.

FeelingGreat 01-28-2015 01:16 AM

TBA, I personally don't feel days in a row is over-rated. It's the only measure of not drinking or bingeing that really counts if you are an alcoholic.

The problem is that drinking resets your brain's receptors back to expecting alcohol. Then you have to start all over again.

Keep trying.

Fly N Buy 01-28-2015 05:12 AM

The world record for sobriety is 24 hours
All of us who don't drink today will tie for it :) and are Winners!

keep coming back

ubntubnt 01-28-2015 05:15 AM

For me my life had become totally centred around drinking. My friends drank, I stopped hobbies, finished work early etc to free up time for drinking. I needed to stop drinking and to rebuild life habits that didn't involve drinking and I knew I could only do this properly if I took drinking as an option off the table. It was simply easier to cut it out completely and move on than to keep torturing myself every day thinking about it.

alphaomega 01-28-2015 07:27 AM

I remember during one of my ten thousand attempts at quitting, I had something like 84 days and I drank. I told my therapist who told me that I HAD TO start over with counting days. It derailed me to such an extent, that I didn't try again to get sober for another two years. It became too daunting. Too overwhelming.

Just keep trying. Keep making yourself accountable. And never, ever, EVER, stop quitting. Yes, the penultimate goal is consecutive sobriety days.
But, every single day you don't pick up is a gift to yourself. Every.Single.One.

Best to you.

PurpleKnight 01-28-2015 09:44 AM

Tweak your plan and go at things again!! You can do this!! :)

Dee74 01-28-2015 07:42 PM

Welcome back TBA :)

Whats the plan now? :)

strategery 01-28-2015 08:04 PM

TBA-I struggled when I first got here and used percentages to keep myself moving forward and staying motivated on staying sober. Eventually, the consecutive sober days came and I began to focus on that instead, but not to an obsessive degree (I'll check when I'm curious). Do whatever it takes to keep yourself moving forward.