Notices

Snow Patrol Stay Sober Thread!!!

Old 01-27-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Only way to cut out caffeine is to taper...otherwise you get horrible headaches. I did it last year for a while, but the I missed it, like someone else said. I do enjoy a cup or two every morning.
Ruby, I like your photos, even if they are the wrong ones. Lol. I should talk, I still haven't investigated how to post one.
I think everyone should quit smoking. It's a stinky, ugly habit. Of course. ...I used to love a cigarette and a beer on a Friday night. Or many of each. I quit smoking and never drank beer again. Switched to wine, which I didn't associate with smoking. That was 10 years ago and I am still amazed that I did it. I was a witch on a broomstick for a few months, but it was well worth it. It is difficult...I used the patch, which helped. And i ran a lot. Zyban also helps, which is the antidepressant wellbutrin. Do whatever it takes! Get your lungs pink again.
OK - enough already. Now I'm a sugar addict....
is it still snowing in Maine?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:22 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Up and ready to dig out my car!!! If I can grab some pics I will.

The wind finally died down around midnight. I heard the plows and workers clearing all night. So we should be just fine.

K
Old 01-28-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I WON THE BLIZZARD LOTTERY!!!

Check out the times between posts... thats how long it took me to get fully dressed for the weather... get downstairs and get my car out! The winds blew it all away. Other cars are buried and mine sat rather pristine!!

WOW... Time to shower up for work! Woo Hoo!!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Endgame - while sad and funny, those tweets are pretty indicative of how so many people think. Alcohol is worshipped by many. I was reminded again yesterday after I received an award (for being in the right place at the right time) in the form of booze. "You did a great job, here is some poison."
Old 01-28-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

In work already. The people that clear the roads are amazing. I had no issues. 2 feet of snow and I took the same amount of time to drive here. Nice wide clear paths. A lot had to do with timing. The snow ended when they could clear everything before morning. Sweeet!

Of course I am the only nut here. But I can relax and not have to deal with the hupla the will ensue.

K
Old 01-28-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

Weasel, what a blessing! I can't lift my arms today because they are sore from shoveling.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

FNW - where was your snow?

Weasel, that's one bj I would pay for. Nothing like not having to shovel out your car.

For the past how many years, I would attempt to quit tobacco every six months - to coincide with my dental cleaning appt. Last month I said I was going to quit - lasted a day.
After reading through the secular connections - AVRT - forum the other day - I said to myself, "Self, this is it. You are finished using tobacco for good." My dental appt was Monday morning, I used my last dip Monday morning about 4 hours prior. Yesterday I had the shakes every once in a while - and just now. But if I can quit alcohol, I can quit tobacco.
50 hours and counting. huh, it just dawned on me it also 13 months I quit booze.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

weas, I watched 'How The States Got Their Shapes' on netflix. Seems Maine is a tale of two states. The northners, and the Massholes.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Do your best

I laughed when i seen your i won the blizzard lottery post

Hope everyone is ok
Old 01-28-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Wow Weasel, you guys up there really got your ish together! Glad to hear it's back to normalish for you.
I nearly broke my butt 3x times otw to the station, sober too! Lol Hope everyone else impacted by Juno is doing well.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

LB - west of boston. we got whomped!
Old 01-28-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Glad you all made it through! I will see you all tomorrow for our regularly scheduled support thread. Pictures! Illustrate the thread.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

I know I'm not in America but I currently have a few feet of snow outside and it's still snowing.

The drive home from work was pretty stressful, I hate snow/ice when driving, I even passed a car that had gone off the road into a ditch!! This weather is just toying with me!!

Time to settle into the warmth, a pot of green tea, and play things by year for tomorrow morning, it could be a long weekend if it keeps snowing at this rate!!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Well it's Thursday and I'm still marooned in the house. Got a ten foot drift in the back yard, a six foot one in the front. Sun's out. Haven't even thought of the booze. Big worry is getting the dog to poop and piddle outside.Can't do it out back because there's a drift keeping the door closed. Training him to go out front where there's a little space. He's doing fine provided he gets treats. Grew up in D.C. Plenty of food in the house. Unlike Charlie Chaplin who had to eat his shoes and shoelaces. No bearded, hungry, hallucinating fat man like the one who thought Charlie was a roast chicken. Will maybe get plowed out today. Not to worry. It always goes away by June. I really pity all those folks getting sunburned down in Australia (Hey, Dee, you O.K. down there? Don't over heat!)

W.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

hang in there Bill, reminds me of when I was young, my neighbor's dog was actually 'our' dog. We had about three feet of snow with drifts one year. Neighbor let dog out. He tunneled through the snow and popped out at the top of our back steps - then came crashing down in an avalanche. Funniest thing ever. He actually tunneled up steps and over a hundred feet out past the fence and back to our side.

pk - wondering, is snow green over there?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

W - hope maybe you got plowed out? Poor Mass. got hit badly.

More snow hitting us tonight, but it's a wimpy storm - only 5" or so.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Chi towns turn. Got 14-15 so far 40 mph winds been snowing since 8 pm yesterday. Been driving back and forth to work to shovel and snowblow 17 miles through farm fields all day and not done. No time to get thawed leave alone drink. My old Chevy 4x4 is a champ.
Enjoy your sober Super Bowell all. Let me know how it turns out. Go---- uh whoever!
Old 02-01-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're getting hit again - up to 18" possible for the Catskills.