SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   30 days sober .... highs & lows .... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/357473-30-days-sober-highs-lows.html)

ShenzyT 01-24-2015 02:07 AM

30 days sober .... highs & lows ....

Good morning everyone,
I can't believe I've made it to 30 days ..... OMG !!! I've never been 30 days sober in the past 18 years.....(apart from being pregnant and another time being hospitalized due to problems with drinking) .....

It's not been an easy 30 days....

I've had a lot of physical pains - a lot of anxiety and I've eaten everything in sight. I've not lost any weight at all (in fact if anything, I've gained) ....

I've taken 50mgs of Sertraline for years for health anxiety ..... but this past 30 days, I think I've had every side effect of Sertraline - it's been like starting again.
I was told that over the years - the Sertraline probably wasn't doing me any good at all - it was never getting a chance to get into my system, the booze was flushing it out of my system & making me feel 100 times worse. The past 30 days, I've been taking the meds without the booze and it's been awful trying to get it into my system.

However - 30 days later - and here we are.
Turning a corner.
My hair is no longer coming out in chunks.
My nails are growing strong.
I'm starting to sleep properly.
When I open my eyes 1st thing in the morning - I still lie there for a split second and think "how do I feel .... did I drink last night?" .... then the best feeling in the world - knowing that I didn't drink the night before ..... it's an amazing feeling.

Hubby isn't a big drinker at all - but he's done dry January and is in no hurry to have another beer. My sis isn't a big drinker either - but she's also done dry January. :c011:

Money wise - January is always a tight month after Christmas, we're always skint (always had money for wine though) .... but this January - with the money I've saved, I've managed to buy a daughter a Highland dancing kilt outfit.
DD has a dance show at Easter with her dance company and she does tap & highland dancing - I was going to hire a kilt for her or borrow one from someone - but this year, she'll have her own.....scary that the amount I was drinking in 1 month is the same as a Highland dress outfit.....
She's so pleased aswell as I've said she can do the finale dance in the show. This is an extra dance that they do & rehersals for the dance are held in town, every Saturday morning from 9-10am .... never before would she have gotten to do this ..... cause hubby would have been working and I would have been too hungover / still drunk on a Sat morning to drive 30 mins into town at that time of the morning.
Not this time
we're doing it ..... cause I'll be sober - every Saturday morning and will be taking my daughter and her friends into town ....

I could not have done all of this without the support of SR.
Thanks you :tyou so much everyone, for all your help & your support.
Here's to the next 30 days......
Hang in there everyone.
Have a great weekend.....

xxxxx

grampa 01-24-2015 02:13 AM

Well done so happy for you and your daughters and great you have a supportive family keep it up and all the best sober recovery is a great place for support?

Placebo 01-24-2015 02:21 AM

Congratulations on 30 days!!! That's amazing :)

:You_Rock_

Yankees2015 01-24-2015 02:34 AM

ShenzyT! 30 Days that's amazing, congratulations! Sounds like you're taking those lows in stride; but oh, those highs! Hair back in tact and your daughters kilt and dancing - you must feel so good about that! And you should!:You_Rock_

Vandermast 01-24-2015 02:49 AM

Good on ya...

Im 30 days too

Onward and upward

V

JadedGirl 01-24-2015 03:10 AM

Lovely post to read... Well done you!!! Xx

JanieJ 01-24-2015 04:01 AM

Great post, so happy for you :hug:

Tang 01-24-2015 04:26 AM

Sober in Scotland. Somehow that gives me great comfort. Great Job!

Soberwolf 01-24-2015 05:11 AM

Amazing job on 30 days ShenzyT

Keep up the good work bud

Notmyrealname 01-24-2015 05:15 AM

Congratulations! Great success story!

The shine and newness fades after awhile but the self-improvement keeps on rolling for a long time. Hoping to see you at the six-month and one-year marks too!

BernieE 01-24-2015 05:17 AM

What a gift to yourself and your family! Congratulations on 30 days!

Della1968 01-24-2015 05:23 AM

Good for you!!

Dee74 01-24-2015 05:26 AM

way to go Shenzy :)

D

WIP17 01-24-2015 07:30 AM

Congrats on 30 days! Keep it going!

livingnow 01-24-2015 07:35 AM

"When I open my eyes 1st thing in the morning - I still lie there for a split second and think "how do I feel .... did I drink last night?" .... then the best feeling in the world - knowing that I didn't drink the night before ..... it's an amazing feeling."

Wonderful statement
Congrats! nice post

mns1 01-24-2015 07:55 AM

Awesome work Shenzy!

Rock on!

AliceInTheRain 01-24-2015 08:27 AM

Well done Shenzy, here's to the next 30 :a122:

fini 01-24-2015 08:32 AM

way to go, Shenzy.
sounds like the view greatly improved :)

HeadLump 01-24-2015 08:34 AM

I'm so delighted for you, Shenzy. Staying sober will transform the lives of your whole family! :c014:

neferkamichael 01-24-2015 08:35 AM

ShenzyT, 30 days sober is just so FANTASTIC, congratulations. Please just keep doin what you're doin, rootin for ya. :egypt:
[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...ture_7738w.jpg[/IMG]