Notices

need HELP - please - drinking thoughts

Old 01-23-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hang in there Livingnow!!

The body might not be able to cope with too much at the same time, no alcohol and no carbs, keep it simple, don't try to do everything all at once, there's plenty of time to work on other areas of life after the foundation of Sobriety has been laid!!
Old 01-23-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober Member

This could be a sugar craving, rather than an alcohol craving. Eats sweets, better than drinking again.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well. just got back from the restaurant where I CARBED UP. Burger and FRIES. mmmmmmmmmm
When the waitress asked me what Id like to drink I said Coke.
I actually lied to her
Id LIKE to drink a beer - but NOT REALLY
sick humor I guess.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

With only five days under my belt so far, you are a rock star with 26 in my eyes! I've been trying to prep for the sneaky AV crap that's going to happen to me so this has been awesome for me to see today. Fair warning- I'm stealing a page out of your playbook!
Old 01-23-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

livingnow....please, this is not the time to go low carb. It is the time to high carb.

Your body will be craving the carbs and rush that alcohol provided. when I came here I couldn't understand the obsession about ice cream. It was like ice cream was the Jesus christ of the sober religion. Now I know thats its a satisfying way to get you that sugar to kill that craving.

Maybe try to walk a few extra miles each day to stay healthy and maybe lose a little weight but relax your diet until you find the cravings subsiding.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Lol I know I was like what is it with these freaking people and ice cream!!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Safe and sound, tucked into bed . Had pizza, ginger beer and chocolate with tea while the rest had some wine and beers. Played Euchre ( girls won !)
My son who is 9 reached over to my bottle of ginger beer, and asked if he could have a sip - he was waiting for me to say no...he thought there might be alcohol in it. When I said , " sure " he knew that I was sticking to my no drinking rule and patted my arm and said " good job" There was reason # 456218 of why I don't want to relapse.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yeah, Ellay! Hope you have a great night's sleep (and hope you can feel my pat on the arm too).

I agree with others: I used to eat low carb, no sugar (well, that's not true of course--alcohol has a ton of sugar and carbs. Funny how I didn't think of it that way, though. LOL)

Anyway, these first few months I've let myself eat what I've wanted. The sugar cravings were crazy the first couple months. Now, moving into month four, they seem to be decreasing. Not sure why you're doing low carb, but if it is for weight reasons I can report that, at least for me, I haven't gained weight since going sober. Probably consuming a similar amount of calories (plus, feel way more active).
Old 01-23-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
When I said , " sure " he knew that I was sticking to my no drinking rule and patted my arm and said " good job"
Oh dang, now I have tears running down my cheek. Just....awesome night.