Notices

I dont know

Old 01-22-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I dont know

So after almost getting to three weeks longest sober time in two years I had one glass of wine...I dont even know why I did it it was dumb but I didnt binge just had a glass which did nothing for me whatsoever and stopped...which is a huge jump because I used to be one and done but this time I drank one glass wasnt satisfied but knew I didn't want to mess things up so I stopped...never have I ever been able to do that...as much as it sucks I almost made it three weeks Im not going to stress about it and just be happy I only had one and will continue sobriety instead of falling in the hole. If anything since it sucked that I got nothing from one it showed me what a waste it was and secured me more in my self control and realized I dont want one cus I might aswell drink water. So I dont count this as a relapse since I didn't binge dont want more and actually didnt enjoy it like in the past where once I started I couldnt stop for months but I changed wierdly that after having one I didn't want more or think about more...I know this may be a slip up but if anything it made me feel stronger about being sober and realizing that one doesnt do **** so whats the point.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rocky I did the same thing, 3 weeks and then drank except I had almost 3 glasses :/ but normally would have drank more. That was last night and tonight I'm totally sober and staying that way forever. Although I think I have to count mine as a relapse, which sucks because 3 weeks is the longest I've gone without alcohol in like 13 years! How are you feeling tonivht?
Old 01-22-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Keep trying Rocky you can do this glad its made you even more determined dont let this stop you from trying to regain sobriety learn from this it gets worse every time

were worth so much more

you can do this Rocky
Old 01-22-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you stopped at one Rocky. Just don;t use this as some kind of proof you have control now tho, ok?

Maybe it's a good idea to look at what you've been doing for your recovery and think about what other things you could add to it?

D
Old 01-22-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Rocky I think you've got the right attitude in not letting this get you down.

Just refocus, and push onward. Put it behind you.

You got this!
Old 01-22-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leharris111 View Post
Rocky I did the same thing, 3 weeks and then drank except I had almost 3 glasses :/ but normally would have drank more. That was last night and tonight I'm totally sober and staying that way forever. Although I think I have to count mine as a relapse, which sucks because 3 weeks is the longest I've gone without alcohol in like 13 years! How are you feeling tonivht?
Leharris I sent you a private message
Old 01-23-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

I did that same thing a few times but in my case I found myself thinking, and annalysing that one drink so much that it became a big deal to me and eventually led me to a place I didn't want to go. Even if I didn't get drunk I made a big deal out of it in my mind. I obsessed to say the least. I have found that my life beyond alcohol is so much richer and serene I am relieved to have it and all that goes with it behind me, at least for today. I glad you got through it without any apparent trouble.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All the best Rocky. A good lesson if you interpret it the right way. Sadly in my case, and many others with an addiction to this nasty stuff, I would probably take it as a sign I could handle it now and a drink now and then would be OK...and I would be back to where it all began once more.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you feel now like "whats the point, I didn't even enjoy it?". But your AV is now whispering to you "see, you can control it, its not like before, you got this, you can stop whenever you want".
The fact that you managed to stop may increase the risk of the next drink happening, only that time it may end in the binge. In some respects you might have been better off binging and throwing up, that way you would be clear about how it ends.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Yesterday I poured some gasoline on my clothes and then played with matches. Nothing bad happened. Is this a problem?

My point is that you took a tremendous risk because you didn't know how it was going to turn out. In fact, you seem somewhat surprised by how it turned out. Are you asking yourself why having that drink was important enough to take that risk?

Nothing bad happened when I played with fire. Is that really the point, though?
Old 01-23-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nice save!
Old 01-23-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Most of you are not getting what I meant...NO I dont think since I had one I want to do it again my av hasnt thought that way and nonsensicle your comment was rude and you didnt understand why I was happy I had one because in four years I would have drank and drank then continued for months this is the first time I had one and saved myself from what I would usually do. Like I said my av doesnt think I can handle just one I know better and i dont want to drink in future nor am I dumb enough to think I can handle it as some of you have said I know I cant. The surprized outcome was being strong enough not to binge and continue daily drinking not good surprize like yay I can handle one I meant good surprize that I didnt get more and didnt want to drink and havent. I also have no plans of having one in future doesnt appeal to me I made it almost three weeks and I intend to go past that this time. The reason I shared that I had one drink was not to celebrate but to be honest with myself and others. Thanks for most of your support to nonsensicle n some others you didnt get what I meant and comments on this site should be supportive not degrading like "I play with fire".
Old 01-23-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I didn't think Nonsensicle was being rude... I thought it was a good analogy.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No it would be if I said I had one so I can have another but I didnt I said I had one not going to have another. I am not planning on " playing with fire " cus nothing happened the first time I am doing the opposite because there wont be a next time. Im just going to delete this thread.nevermind.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Please dont delete the thread. I found it very useful. Congrats on three weeks!! Thats awesome!! And congrats on passing on temptation. Thats awesome too!!

I dont think there was any rudeness meant. I like hearing different takes on things. It makes you really think things through.

I kinda wonder why your response was so strong?

Why not more, "yeah, I see your point. Thanks for the input. I think i'm good, but i'll definately give your point some thought"?

You know yourself better than anyone.

But I mean its all good . We are all here to support...so why did you hear rudeness instead of concern?
Old 01-23-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Because the point of I played with fire so why not do it again...had nothing to do with what I said I said I played with fire but wont do it again. The reason I feel strongly about it is because thats my personality it took me ages to come clean and be honest with myself and others and I see that comment as if I said" nothing happened the first time so why not do it again" when I was clearly stating the opposite nor was I experiencing surprise in a good way about drinking as was said in the comment I was surprized in a good way that i didnt do more and had the self control to stop and re adjust my thoughts.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post
No it would be if I said I had one so I can have another but I didnt I said I had one not going to have another. I am not planning on " playing with fire " cus nothing happened the first time I am doing the opposite because there wont be a next time. Im just going to delete this thread.nevermind.
don't let the comments get you down. I get crap on here for drinking NA beer. It works for me, I'm not advocating it and I still get crap. I figured I was either going to succeed with it or fail and learn from it. That's what you did. You gave in. You tried it and learned you could refuse something you wanted. That's powerful.harness that. I totally get what you are saying if others want to read more into your experience let them just take what you can from it and grow. Good luck
Old 01-23-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Rocky,

I get what you're saying. I truly do. No one wants to be misunderstood.

But this is a public supportive forum. People are going to share their thoughts with you. Usually its helpful. Sometimes its triggering. Sometimes its just off base.

But your reaction was so strong. And you say because "its your personality".

Perhaps there is something in this exchange that indicates an area that worth exploring. I dont know. I'm just talking out loud myself...i'm just wondering why you react so strongly to someone else's take on your life? Why thats so triggering for you? Saying "thats just the way I reacts" doesn't really cut it.

Again...i'm just thinking out loud. I am really impressed at how far you've come. I'm looking forward to hs a ring more about your journey.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

Rocky the important thing is you want to be sober & your here working on i
Old 01-23-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats on staying strong!

I'm kind of curious. What made you drink? What were the thoughts behind it?