Notices

Scared Straight...Rambling Thoughts

Old 01-22-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared Straight...Rambling Thoughts

Have you seen that show? where they take troubled kids and send them to jail to see where their life is headed if they don't straighten up? I think, for me, in some ways that seeing relapses and how hard it is to try and get sober and stay sober has had that same effect. I am so glad when people post when they are struggling as it makes me realize I am not alone when AV starts up.
I am going over my step 4 tonight with my sponsor and while I do think that AA has/will help me , I am not sure I see myself as a lifer in those rooms. I dunno...not that I want to start drinking, but sometimes the stories get tedious.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't seen that show Ellay, but it sounds interesting. I have found that with each relapse, it gets a bit harder and the withdrawals are a bit worse, so I want to make this time the last time...someone told me to keep trying - it only has to work once to work. I'm hoping that joining up here (instead of lurking) and getting involved will help. I hope it helps you too
Old 01-22-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've seen the show!
In a way I've been scared straight too, see what could and will most likely happen if, I continue drinking.
I'm on step 4 too, but haven't started yet.
I understand how it can get tedious, I usually go to about 2-3 meetings a week, I planned on more, but its working ok for me, I'm here a lot too.
I might be an AA lifer, but I think that's because I really like clubs and groups.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good on you Jsbodhi, I'm not brave enough to go to a group. Glad you've found something that helps
Old 01-22-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ellay

You just have to keep searching for something that works for you.

I only receive help from SR.
It helps me---I can pick and select what information I like. I can agree or disagree with any information given. If I choose to share my opinion I will, if not I won't I can relate publically or PM. I do whatever is comfortable for me. It is not selfish to think about YOU!!!!!

I've gained some friends here, and I jus gained another one yesterday!
You will learn how to weed out the weeds (lol) correspond with the flowers! We're out here

Have a great day!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AliceInTheRain View Post
Good on you Jsbodhi, I'm not brave enough to go to a group. Glad you've found something that helps
You should check it out, everyone will make you feel really welcome and you don't have to talk.
If you don't like that group try another!