Notices

Day 2 for me

Old 01-21-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me

Day 2, no intentions on drinking. I just feel so emotional. A lot of it is due to money I'm thinking. I just blew over 1300 on my last binge and am worried on how I'll survive on 120 till next Friday. I know my issues aren't as dire as others. Yet, I can't stop feeling like I wish everything was over. I almost feel I can't ever be happy andworstm rytime I start to feel happy I ruin it with alcohol. I feel so weak and scared!
Old 01-21-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and hang in there MTB - being emotional is pretty standard...and not to downplay your money worries, but I've managed on that or less in the past.

The past is the past...things will get better - have faith

D
Old 01-21-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi MTB i know its not nice having limited money but hang in there

By staying sober you never have to feel this way again
Old 01-21-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for everyone's support. In my heart, I know things will be better. Yet, in my mind it won't stop telling me "Your a failure", "Your Weak", etc.

I haven't left the couch in three days. Was gonna call into work again. I have very extreme anxiety already without all this. Yet, talking with my boss he told me I need to get out of the house and just try and push through.

Yet, now I sit here. My heart is pounding, feelings of dread, etc. All seem unrationale though and I know it. I WILL JUST KEEP PUSHING. The drinking doesn't seem to be an issue. Not as of now though, just my panic attacks and depression are in full force. Trying to manage them and get back to feeling right.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

MTB hang in there. I know it's hard right now, but you need to stay focused.

We all mess up at times, but every setback is an opportunity to learn how to succeed. We can turn fear on its head and use it to our advantage, like a rocket booster. And if you hold on tight, you'll eventually emerge from the clouds and see the sun.

Believe that!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

MTB , way to go on 2 days! That in itself is an accomplishment...Heck, for the first 2 weeks , I could barely stand without my head spinning and killing me...I tried to work , but couldn't even begin to focus...At about 2 weeks , I finally went to the ER , and they gave me something to control my "GABA" which was seriously out of whack...

Trust me , I know what it's like...go see your doc..It will help...
Old 01-21-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

The emotions don't have to control you. They are just feelings and they are not 'you'. You will be able to let the feelings go and move forward.

Day 2 is fantastic!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer View Post
MTB , way to go on 2 days! That in itself is an accomplishment...Heck, for the first 2 weeks , I could barely stand without my head spinning and killing me...I tried to work , but couldn't even begin to focus...At about 2 weeks , I finally went to the ER , and they gave me something to control my "GABA" which was seriously out of whack...

Trust me , I know what it's like...go see your doc..It will help...
At this time, I cannot drive or afford the doc (if I could get there the VA would maybe help, but there ****). I'm lucky to have a boss that know I have really bad panic episodes and is understanding. He's going to get me a bunch of supplements to help with sleep and reduction of stress.

Honestly though, I'm so lucky to have found this Forum.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there!! You can do this!!