Notices

Two Weeks and going strong !!!

Old 01-19-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two Weeks and going strong !!!

Actually this is Day 15 for me. Day 16 will dawn in about 30 minutes.
I'am doing good. Still sober and enjoying every minute of it.

Actually...thats a lie...the "Enjoying every minute of it" part that is. I really do enjoy being 2 weeks sober...BUT...

...I was really put to the test last night. Had dinner out with my Wife, Daughter, Grand Daughter and her...whatever he is. It went well. No problems and was enjoyable.

I say..."whatever he is" for a reason. Typical of my family...I think they are married...but no one wants me to know. They think I'll be mad. Nothing could be further from the truth. I would'nt be mad. I would be hurt...

...more hurt than they could possibly understand. The BIG occasions that I have looked forward to in my Daughter's life was...the day I brought her home from the hospital...the day she started first grade at school...the day she graduated...and the day I would walk her down the aisle and give her away in Holy Matrimony...

I did all but the last...so far.

It is what it is...They are what they are...I'am who I'am...and I give up. I just wont drink over it. Or more like...I dont intend to.

i guess the bottom line is this. He is the Father of my Daughters child.

I cant control anyone...or even ask that my wishes be known, much less fulfilled.

So...I'am still sober. Life is NOT without it's problems. I'am learning to cope...One Day at a time.

Probably TMI...but some things you just want to unload.

Thank You

DD
Old 01-19-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day sixteen. That's great. I guess I'm a little confused by the post as to "whatever he is." Your granddaughter's boyfriend or your daughters? Maybe just ask what the deal is. You may get an answer. You may not. None of it is worth drinking over. Family relationships with alcohol thrown into the mix are always more complicated. Keep going on staying strong.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great job on 16 days Dave!!
Old 01-19-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with the family stuff, but congrats on your sober time Dave

D
Old 01-19-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ooops...sorry for the confusion. "He" is my Daughters BF (???) the Father of my Grand Daughter. My Grand Daughter is 2 yo.

They just "hide" things from me for reasons I dont understand. Maybe they dont really understand...me.

DD
Old 01-19-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I kinda feel like I'am all alone in this "family stuff" as well if the truth be known.

However, I'am enjoying my sobriety.

DD
Old 01-19-2015, 10:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job, dave!��
Old 01-20-2015, 01:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on 2 weeks sober DuhDave
Old 01-20-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done on 16 days!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DuhDave View Post
ooops...sorry for the confusion. "He" is my Daughters BF (???) the Father of my Grand Daughter. My Grand Daughter is 2 yo.

They just "hide" things from me for reasons I dont understand. Maybe they dont really understand...me.

DD
Is it they hide things from you or just don't inform you because it got to the point it wasn't worth it? We're you a part of their life? We're you there for your daughter or were you drunk?Did you put alcohol ahead of your family? We're you a responsible father?

They don't have to understand you. It's not their job.
It's your job to understand you and those questions I asked, if ya answer them, may help you understand yourself.

And good on 15 days. That's a veeeery long time.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hi Dave,

Awesome job on 15 days!

I don't think you should give up on that situation with your family. I think you should try to resolve it. And that may simply mean focusing on staying sober for now. I can't offer advice on how to fix things with your family but I can tell you shouldn't give up.

More power to you Dave!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great stuff Dave!! Keep it going!!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on your current streak.

I'm reluctant to offer any advice about the family situation because it's not my area of expertise and I don't know the totality of the situation. Okay, now that I've written that I'll ask you why don't you just ask your daughter in a non confrontational manner and in an appropriate setting?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank You everyone for your comments and words of encouragement. They are all being considered and they are very much appreciated.

There is a lot more to it than I really care to reveal. The problem is not so much with my Daughter as it is with my wife.

I'am thinking the best thing I can do is just shut up. Live and let live. Be available if requested. And just stay out of they're business and just bolster up my sobriety.
Perhaps the opportunity to work things out will present itself in the future and being sober and on a good, sustainable path to recovery will help me to see things in a different light...and maybe allow them to see me in a different light as well.

Again, Thank You all for your input.
DD

P.S. More sobriety "Milestones" to come as reached...with less drama.