Notices

How long did it take?

Old 01-22-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

How long did it take?

I know we can't give medical advise just trying to work out an average for everyone's LFT to return to normal?
Old 01-22-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did not have the tests done immediately before/after quitting drinking, but I suspect it would not have been good. Had a physical ~2 months into sobriety for a therapy application, and some of my results were still abnormal. Again at ~6 months, and everything measured was flawless. I think the timing of this depends on many things, not only how long and how much we drank, but also on individual physiology and general health.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was a heavy drinker (30 yr.) and I had mine tested just after detox and all #'s were through the roof. I then was tested at about 45 days and all were back to normal ranges. I think it really matters exactly how you are put together..everyone will not recover as quickly as another. You can do a liver cleanse to speed up the process, just Google it.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
I did not have the tests done immediately before/after quitting drinking, but I suspect it would not have been good. Had a physical ~2 months into sobriety for a therapy application, and some of my results were still abnormal. Again at ~6 months, and everything measured was flawless. I think the timing of this depends on many things, not only how long and how much we drank, but also on individual physiology and general health.
That is a think i always wondered when it came to drinking, my health aniexty constipation for a year all the pains oh and the doctor put it down to IBS i was a bottle of red wine and 2 cans of beer a night man.

Would my body have felt better if it was just beers. I guess i am trying to figure out what people class as alcohlic for me i drank what i feel a lot but others might have been 2 cans of beer which would not have been bad health wise. To others what i drink might have been little.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by BBQBOY View Post
I was a heavy drinker (30 yr.) and I had mine tested just after detox and all #'s were through the roof. I then was tested at about 45 days and all were back to normal ranges. I think it really matters exactly how you are put together..everyone will not recover as quickly as another. You can do a liver cleanse to speed up the process, just Google it.
I will look that up thank you, what do you class a heavy drinker?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks everyone as i am at day 22 and can well imagine my #'s based on how i have been feeling! i hope i see some improvement soon!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by omenapt View Post
thanks everyone as i am at day 22 and can well imagine my #'s based on how i have been feeling! i hope i see some improvement soon!
Well done on day 22, i am trying to gadge how we can and how long it will take to get better.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Tamby everybody is diffrent but maybe its a good idea to have a chat with your Dr and arrange bloodtests quarterly (every 3 months or so)

Me myself i had my bloodtests at 17 months i wanted to be sure and all my bloodtess came bk brilliant
Old 01-22-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hi Tamby everybody is diffrent but maybe its a good idea to have a chat with your Dr and arrange bloodtests quarterly (every 3 months or so)

Me myself i had my bloodtests at 17 months i wanted to be sure and all my bloodtess came bk brilliant
Hi Sober, thanks to see you are still here. Unfortunately i had a major relapse

just through my fear, very stupid as it took me so long to get all clear from my liver results but all my other symptoms pain, constipation etc are leading to pancreatic cancer and it is terrifying me which makes me want to drink
Old 01-22-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Best getting some tests done by a Dr!!

I had some regular checkups every few months to keep an eye on things, and gradually things improved over 6 to 12 months!!

Going back to drink if you fear having health issues is the worst thing to do as that's simply fuelling the flames further, you can make this your turning point!!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Best getting some tests done by a Dr!!

I had some regular checkups every few months to keep an eye on things, and gradually things improved over 6 to 12 months!!

Going back to drink if you fear having health issues is the worst thing to do as that's simply fuelling the flames further, you can make this your turning point!!
Hi purple,

I had lots of test colonscopy was fine, endoscopy found i had barretts esophagus, bloods were eventually returning to normal and the rest was blamed on IBS..... This was when i last got sober.

They new symptoms are showing everywhere as Pancreatic cancer, i can't hand it scared to go back to doctors in case it is what i have.

I want to make sure i have a lot more saved up for my daughter before i go.Stupid reason to keep drinking i know but only thing which takes my mind off things until i find out if i have it or not. The only saving grace is the it usually only happens to people over 50 i am only 30.

If the constipation and funny stool would go away maybe it would calm me down but that has been over a year.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

stop Googling symptoms and see a Dr.
Dr. Google is not a medical Dr.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tambdy View Post
They new symptoms are showing everywhere as Pancreatic cancer, i can't hand it scared to go back to doctors in case it is what i have.
Is this based on Dr Google?

Speculation makes things a whole lot worse, living in constant anxiety of something that may not be the case is no way to live!!

Say you get the all clear, the alcohol you continue to drink may tip the scale on some of the other health issues, so surely it's better to draw a line in the sand, get checked out and rebuild your life away from alcohol, especially for your daughter, she deserves to have a mom for a long time to come!!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Is this based on Dr Google?

Speculation makes things a whole lot worse, living in constant anxiety of something that may not be the case is no way to live!!

Say you get the all clear, the alcohol you continue to drink may tip the scale on some of the other health issues, so surely it's better to draw a line in the sand, get checked out and rebuild your life away from alcohol, especially for your daughter, she deserves to have a mom for a long time to come!!
Dad my friend i am a dad lol, yes she does and not Dr Google but the Cancer uk, all there stories from weightloss etc are showing all my symptoms but you are right i need to rebuild my life.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by tambdy View Post
Hi Sober, thanks to see you are still here. Unfortunately i had a major relapse

just through my fear, very stupid as it took me so long to get all clear from my liver results but all my other symptoms pain, constipation etc are leading to pancreatic cancer and it is terrifying me which makes me want to drink
Hi Tamby best thing you could do bud is stay sober & see a Dr to arrange bloodtests it could be done tomorrow 8am at your local GP

if you cant stop worrying ask your Dr about CBT to help with this

Before your relapse you didnt think this, drinking has made your mind think like this im 32 trust me Tamby sobriety will bring you health & peace of mind

you can msg me anytime bud
Old 01-22-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

oops, you know I think I knew that and for some reason I still typed the wrong thing!!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Anxiety has a huge impact on bowel and IBS symptoms.

If you are so sure you have pancreatic cancer, then surely a trip to the doctor would just be to confirm this?

You are driving yourself demented.
Go to the GP.

When did you last have liver function tests?
Are you delaying going because you have been drinking and you are scared the lft's will be on the high side?
If so, stop drinking, give it a week, then go to the GP.
One week won't make a huge amount of difference if it is what you think it is.

You and your daughter deserve better than this.
Its not a sensible way to live or plan for the future.
I think you know this deep down.