Notices

My name is Francis & this is day 21.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Francis..welcome to SR. Great people here and great support. Congrats on your sober days and your awesome decision to live a better life. I'm sure you won't ever regret it!

Old 01-22-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recoverist

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Greetings Francis, glad you are here.

Nice post, to the point, positive, and you have a plan. YOU are set for success!
Thank you! That means a lot that you thought so! Hope you're well!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Recoverist

Originally Posted by Mikie9 View Post
Welcome Francis! Keep reading around and chime in when you have something to share. We are all in this together and we all know where you are coming from.

Good decision on raising the white flag, sometimes we gotta surrender and find support. You have for sure found it here. Are you doing anything else to bolster yourself, face to face?
Hey! Thank you for the post! What did you mean by bolster and face to face do you mind me asking? Hope you're good. All well over here. Thanks again!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Recoverist

Originally Posted by Chuck39 View Post
I'll chime in as another three weeker! Welcome Francis ... good to share a birthday with ya. I am sitting here on the East Coast staring at a lovely snowy scene out my window ... thinking about all the times any amount of snow meant "let's get drunk!". Every snow day for the last 10 years was a binge drink day. But today, the fire is going, I am drinking water, and about to make dinner. And I will not drink. And it is OK. Glad to have you here with us!
Ahhh great! Chime in with those three weeks. Its a great milestone for me. Because this the longest I have ever been without a drink. I know what you mean about the snow. I used to do ski seasons and can relate completley.

Thank you tonnes for your message! Its great to be here. Hope you're dinner was cool Take care of yourself now!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Recoverist

Originally Posted by grampa View Post
well done francis I am to weeks sober its worth it here for support youl love the people here.
Let's do it! Thanks for the post!!! Magic! Got a great vibe to it this place
Old 01-22-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Recoverist

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hello Francis, well done on 21 days - i'm on 22 (hungover New Years Eve) and am a fellow Brit

Hope you find a new job soon and not just for the money but because it will occupy your mind.

I'm in no position to offer advice but I do know that Hull is a Uni town and therefore quite lively (or at least it was a few years ago when I last went there) so it must be easy to have boozy social life if you are young . I think what I am saying is that avoiding certain places and certain people might be good
hey!!! So you didnt drink new years eve?? I didnt either, so I'm the same day as you. Great stuff!

Yer, Hull is pretty crackers, but Im moving back down south to find work. Ill be starting back in a couple of weeks i reckon. Once Ive found the RIGHT job in the right ATMOSPHERE with the right PEOPLE.

Many thanks for the post. It was great to read. Thoughtful. Hopefully speak at some point. same day sober buddy!:P