Notices

Approaching one month.....

Old 01-20-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Approaching one month.....

And today my trickster AV has been loud and annoying. My mind is back to it's old tricks of lets make a deal! Maybe I can just have a drink in social situations but not at home. Maybe just on the weekends but never during the week. Maybe I can have a few when I'm on vacation in a few months but only then.

I think it's because I've almost made it to that one month mark.... Historicaly my goal was always to dry out for a month, push the reset button so to speak, and then go back to drinking. So maybe on some level I feel like I've accomplished that and now I need my reward. Absurd I know.

But I know what my answer is to these ridiculous mind games. NO. NO. NO. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not next month or next year. Never again.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Say it loud and say it proud zenchaser!

Awesome work!
Old 01-20-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I cut bargains with myself and went around in circles for a long time, only one, only beer, only wine, only on weekends, not on work nights, 2 non drinking days a week, 1 non drinking day a week, only until midnight and then bed.

Great intentions but my downfall was that first drink, it opened the flood gates and a month Sober could spiral back to daily drinking in a matter of weeks.

1 Month is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 01-20-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thats its Zen

When i got to a month sober (this is the 1st time) i knew i could do it i cant explain i just knew what had to be done

I knew i could do it & somehow im here at 18 months

I know i cant drink safely or responsibly and since i cant then i promise you i really dont want to

Something harmonised around the month mark

i sometimes say getting & staying sober is like that bit in cast away when tom hanks keeps trying to get over that wave at first he tries and cannot get over that wave... he persists & learns new skills and eventually gets over that wave and finds his way home which ironically ends with him at a crossroads

love that film
Old 01-20-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh I know! One drink would be my undoing and I'd be drinking to make up for lost time!! Been there done that.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It really is all about the one. The power of ONE haha