Notices

Why cant i drink real beer like the na or soda?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

All the times I bought expensive booze, nice scotches, gins what have you, only to drink them in the frenzy of a binge not enjoying them at all. Just getting drunk. Sad. And expensive.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

a) because with (real) beer, you're drinking for the EFFECT, not the taste.

b) You're an alcoholic.

c) See above a) and b).
Old 01-21-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mns1 View Post
For the same reason I can't eat gummi bears the same way I eat other things.

I can never have just one.
Ah MNS, come on, in all fairness, gummi Bears, who can just eat one?
Old 01-21-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The question to end all questions.....

It is rather bizarre that I would drink 144 ounces of beer every night. 144 ounces?!?!? How many in a gallon? Let me check. 128 ounces in a gallon.

We could write a novel about this topic but the others are right: we drank to get drunk. We drank to get buzzed. We drank to reeeeelax, feel no pain, to numb ourselves. Two glasses of wine numbs nothing.

As tolerances go up and up, so does the required quantity.

Drinking more than two cokes in a day would feel like too much. Kinda like how after two pieces of cake it loses all deliciousness. Not even tempting. That's how non-alcoholics view alcohol I guess.

Drinking two beers was more annoying than drinking no beers. If I couldn't get anymore I was angry and discontent. Whiny too like a child.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
The question to end all questions..... It is rather bizarre that I would drink 144 ounces of beer every night. 144 ounces?!?!? How many in a gallon? Let me check. 128 ounces in a gallon. We could write a novel about this topic but the others are right: we drank to get drunk. We drank to get buzzed. We drank to reeeeelax, feel no pain, to numb ourselves. Two glasses of wine numbs nothing. As tolerances go up and up, so does the required quantity. Drinking more than two cokes in a day would feel like too much. Kinda like how after two pieces of cake it loses all deliciousness. Not even tempting. That's how non-alcoholics view alcohol I guess. Drinking two beers was more annoying than drinking no beers. If I couldn't get anymore I was angry and discontent. Whiny too like a child.
I was the same way with beer yet I can drink 2 odouls let alone cokes or coffees and be fine with it.... It's really strange. Whatever it is it's working so I'm not going to worry about it lol
Old 01-21-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think we can use that in our favour. Its part of why I have found it easier to break the habit of weekday drinking. Because the really big binges were at the weekend when I didn't have to work.

The weekday mini binges were when I convinced myself that I would "pop in for a bottle of wine on the way home"....sounds so innocent but then I would be walking out for a second and staggering out for a third and a few beers at midnight. It is NEVER one drink or for me even one bottle. So the act of playing the tape forward and realisation that every drinking session resulted in a binge makes that innocent mid week first drink easier to avoid.

The weekend sessions started out with an intent to get wasted for two days so they have been harder to resist because I made a more conscious decision to do them. It was acceptable to me to do that at that time.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
EndGame

I never had to drink coffee, tea or other soft drinks in excess.