Notices

Still fuzzy and blah

Old 01-19-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still fuzzy and blah

Just not feeling it today. Not the pride of being at 19 days, not any energy - kind of just blah and depressed.

And my head feels funny - still fuzzy and like its kind of swollen. At least not a real headache anymore (so that's a positive)

Anyway - don't want to bring anyone down guess I'm just looking for some positive energy. I don't want to feel like this.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Drink a lot of water. And try to eat something healthy. Can you entertain yourself with something light, a comedy or some easy reading?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Feel for you TeeBee, really do, I've been there before.
Like Sleepie suggests drink plenty mineral water and rest as much as possible, and a decent multi vitamin is also extremely good for energy in the early days of your journey.

Take pride in your progress and don't look any further than the day in hand.

You are doing fantastically well.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 19 TeeBee early sobriety is a rollercoaster there will be highs & lows

The important thing is your sober & your doing well

If headaches persist make an apt to see Dr have you had persistant headaches for 19 days ?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Headaches come and go - worse at night. Just filled up my water bottle - maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself. Weather here isn't helping either. Maybe getting back to work tomorrow will help.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are always ups and downs in life, but being sober is the best way to deal with all of it.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on 19 days Hun. Suppose we always knew this wasn't gonna be easy huh? It'll all be worth it in the end I'm sure. Do something nice for yourself tonight. You deserve it xx
Old 01-19-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TeeBee, that is the way very early sobriety is.

your body is undergoing a radical change, as all of the alcohol you used to consume have had a big impact on the rest of your body. It hits the liver panaceas, intestines, brain, muscles, etc.... The changes back to normal are going to take some time, but it will be worth it.

Stick with it, you deserve to live great life. and life is so much better without alcohol.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
Just not feeling it today. Not the pride of being at 19 days, not any energy - kind of just blah and depressed.

And my head feels funny - still fuzzy and like its kind of swollen. At least not a real headache anymore (so that's a positive)

Anyway - don't want to bring anyone down guess I'm just looking for some positive energy. I don't want to feel like this.
I'm on day 18 and feeling exactly the same. Really tired, especially in the middle of the day I'm just falling asleep and coffee doesn't do the trick at all.

I'm eating healthy (except for that evening ice cream ;-)), exercising, actively working on my recovery but still feeling... like you said, kinda 'blah', not quite there...

I guess all we can do is keep at it and be patient.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon TeeBee. Things do improve, it just takes time, be patient with yourself we are here for you
Old 01-19-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there Teebee!!

19 Days is still early days, the body can't heal and repair years of drinking in a matter of weeks, it's going to take time!!

Keep pushing through!!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Teebee, im at 55 days and was exactly where you are now at 19 days. Dont worry it will definitely improve. It rakes time forvthe body to heal. Sounds like you need a massage, a naturopath helped me. Your body is healing which is great! Your brain is adjusting and forming new pathways which made me feel blah groggy dizxy and weird its easing now...download guided meditation app and relax
Old 01-19-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks guys
Old 01-19-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 19 days sober. Some people feel great when they kick addiction. I didn't. I felt fuzzy, gray and blah. I did the bare minimum for weeks. It took a while for my brain and body to heal. Keep up the good work, even when you feel uncomfortable.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Rest TeeBee, it is what your body is demanding right now. It really wants you to stop fighting this, and if like me it has been for years.

Tomorrow will be better, the next day even better. At one point you get enough rest and say WooHoo!!!! and start living again. But you have to get through this single rough part first. ok?
Old 01-19-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh, and you asked for positive energy. I think the replies here are positive energy. I know I am sending you some! We are all in this together, and we all want each other to feel better so never doubt whether you have support and friends in this.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well done on 19 days. xxx

I know where you're coming from though. I'm on day 26 and feeling bleh aswell.....fuzzy head / lethargic ... my health anxiety is through the roof.....
I'm hoping it'll pass soon.....I know the early days of sobriety aren't easy.

Hang in there - we can do this...

xxxx
Old 01-20-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

hey TeeBee, I am totally staring at my computer screen right now with my index fingers on my temples and I am willing all my positive cosmic energy in your direction...don't tell me you can't that?!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congrats on 19 days.. !!! hang in there , it gets better.. I am at 2 months and a week and still fatigued , just not nearly as much .. I do still take power naps when i can though... Just stay hydrated and get as much rest as you can.. Again , great job!