Notices

So i officially finished my 7 day challenge...

Old 01-18-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So i officially finished my 7 day challenge...

Today I suppose is day 8. Admittedly I'm troubled b the fact that I just slept 8.5 hours and still woke up exhausted. I did read the posts in response yesterday, and thank you.

I suppose it's also normal to spend time simply unsure of what to do. I'm mostly a home drinker... So I feel surrounded by triggers and hiding away so I'm not near the fridge.

I am proud that yesterday not only did my husband have a beer at home in front of me and I didn't cave, but also that at a bar and grill for dinner I stuck to admit soda while he had a beer (I chose to have a cheat meal on my clean eating and it was delicious, lol).

So we shall see what today brings.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by ICanDoBetter View Post
I feel surrounded by triggers and hiding away so I'm not near the fridge.
Today can bring freedom from having to hide from your own refrigerator if you choose.

Best of Luck on Your Journey.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nice work. The fatigue is a common occurence, especially this early on. Years of damage and our bodies adjusting to this new life takes time, more than a week.

In drank mostly at home too. I found that setting a regimented schedule really helped combat the cravings associated with idle time.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Icandobetter

I have a no alcohol rule in my home

Congrats on day 8
Old 01-18-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've debated the no alcohol thing, but doesn't seem right to impose it on my husband. If it turns into something that I need to have happen will discuss with him.

I think in the last who knows how many years, this is the first time I have gone more than six days without drinking, except for during each of my two pregnancies, when i abstained before I was even pregnant.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

have you told your husband that you are giving up alcohol? Talk it over with him to see how he feels about it. You may be surprised to find out how he feels.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

He does know so far as I want to https control of this. I don't talk to him a lot in depth because quite frankly the questions he then asks irritate me... Feels like an armchair psychologist. He means well... But he needs to find his way in how to support me in this, as well.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Awesome job ICanDoBetter!

Keep going!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was exhausted during the early months of sobriety. I slept a lot and was easily tired out.

I reminded myself that sleeping was healing my brain and body. It was one of the things that made me realize how much damage I had done to myself and how much I wanted to get better and not continue damaging my brain.

Those months felt like they lasted forever when I was living through it, but now that just seems like a short period of time looking back on it. And well worth it at that!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I don't talk to him a lot in depth because quite frankly the questions he then asks irritate me... Feels like an armchair psychologist. He means well... But he needs to find his way in how to support me in this, as well.
Mars meets Venus.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Today I suppose is day 8. Admittedly I'm troubled b the fact that I just slept 8.5 hours and still woke up exhausted. I did read the posts in response yesterday, and thank you.

I suppose it's also normal to spend time simply unsure of what to do. I'm mostly a home drinker... So I feel surrounded by triggers and hiding away so I'm not near the fridge.

I am proud that yesterday not only did my husband have a beer at home in front of me and I didn't cave, but also that at a bar and grill for dinner I stuck to admit soda while he had a beer (I chose to have a cheat meal on my clean eating and it was delicious, lol).

So we shall see what today brings.
You and I are in the same boat. Like yourself, I'm mostly a home drinker in that I had a few beers (between 3 and 6) almost every night for the last 30+ years. And like yourself, last night was a real test as we went to Red Robin where I normally have 2 tall Bud Lights but I drank 3 cups of coffee instead as I watched my wife eat. That was a REAL test as I live for Saturday night out and having a few cold ones.

Outside of feeling tired after sleeping 8.5 hours, how do you feel ? Don't you feel better overall ? I do. I really feel good.

Keep up the great work
Old 01-18-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It took a few months for my sleep and energy levels to adjust, years of drinking can't be healed or repaired in a week, the body needs time.

Keep it going and things will get even better!!
Old 01-18-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Honestly, I,making around feeling foggy and having a headache and feeling hungover... Not energetic or good. I'd thought I would feel the opposite.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How I feel is as if I have a hangover... In a daze and headachy. I thought I'd feel like the opposite.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I can relate to how you're feeling. I, too, was pretty surprised at how I felt after I first quit. Like I mentioned above, it made me realize how much damage I had done and really commit to quitting. The first couple of weeks, my brain just didn't feel at all right. I'd be driving and suddenly not know where I was which really kind of freaked me out. Or I'd be in the shower and not remember if I'd put shampoo in my hair yet or not.

Things that helped me were letting my body get as much sleep as it wanted, focusing on eating healthy food and going for long walks. Hang in there. It really does get better.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think about it tho ICanDoBetter - we drank for years, most of us.

It'll take a little time for mind and body to recuperate from that, but it will.

Keep the faith

D