Notices

update

Old 01-18-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update

So after god awful cravings yesturday I made it and end of day 11 today for some reason cravings werent as bad today. It scares me though because it happens out of nowhere and im dreading another bad craving but all in all giving my wallet to my dad yesturday saved me from messing up and today was much smoother...one more thing I have been eating excessively always hungry and im thinking its cus im used to being stuffed with booze and now Im just stuffing my face :/...anyways going to bed sober onto day 12 tommorow
Old 01-18-2015, 12:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Way to stand firm rocky!

Well done on 11 days

More power to you!
Old 01-18-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic well done xx
Old 01-18-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nice one, rocky, I made sure I had plenty of ice cream in for when I had cravings, it helped.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on eleven days!

It really gets easier over time, but like anything it's not linear on the micro scale -- you're gonna have some ups and downs.

For losing weight, people often find it helpful to take photographs at intervals, to make judging progress easier. For sobriety I think maybe keeping a journal is sort of analogous. That way you can go back and see how your mindset changed over a long period (say a year) of sobriety.

I recently had my year-end review at work, and earned an overall "exceeded expectations". My boss didn't know what happened, but he said that he noticed a big change in performance and mindset. I didn't tell him this, but that increase in performance correlates to me getting out of the bottle.

That's a long-term change that I might have missed on my own, but the change was apparent to a disinterested objective observer, so I know I've made big strides forward.

So I guess my point is that there often isn't any day-to-day feedback to measure your progress, but you definitely will make progress. There are some things you can do to make measuring your progress easier, but for a lot of this you just to stick to your guns and have faith that things are getting better, albeit gradually.

And they are getting better.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

I know what you mean about those pesky cravings coming out of nowhere and at differing strengths. Had a close call myself yesterday. That's a great idea about giving your wallet to your dad. I think I do something similar sometimes ie: spend or allocate this weeks cash completely so I only have change left for bread and milk etc... Congrats on getting to day 11, another day down! x
Old 01-18-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

rocky I found taking 5 slow deep breaths, concentrating on my body, helped enormously with the cravings. Maybe you could give it a try. It diverts your mind as well as relaxing you.

Brilliant effort so far. This stage won't last forever, so don't give up.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fantastic Rocky

Congrats for day 12 !
Old 01-18-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're moving on to Day 12.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job Rocky working through day 11 and getting to day 12! The first 2 weeks were the hardest for me. Keep up the great work!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job Rocky!

I too am constantly hungry. I remember when i got sober 10 years ago, the same thing happened.most people say they lose weight when they stop drinking because they eat healthier, less fast food binges etc. For me, i GAined weight..a significant amount. I know why...I never ate much when i drank excessively bc I never wanted the food in my stomach to absorb the alcohol. That would mean it would take longer for me to feel the affects of the drink in my system. SICK thinking but thats how i lived. When I first got sober I was 103 pounds and I'm 5'8".. I am at a "healthier" weight now and actually could lose some. STILL its better to hold a cookie than a drink!

keep up the good work!!
Old 01-18-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job Rocky!! Onwards to Day 12!!