Notices

overly focussed on health anyone?

Old 01-16-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

overly focussed on health anyone?

Since quitting drinking I seem to be more aware of my body, ie can feel heart beat if I think about it, light sensitivity, sounds smells, stress etc.

Did anyone else find they went through this? Im not doing it as much as when I first quit, kept thinking I had a horrible disease and that it wasnt alcohol withdrawel (which is a disease).

Im hoping I can relax un my body again and that it gets easier.....feels like my body is still healing gotta stop questioning that I know but it's a challenge..... im say 54
Old 01-16-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was quite hypochondriac to start with...I'd already suffered several mini strokes in detox but it was like I couldn't believe there wasn't something else nasty waiting for me after all those years of abuse.

A thorough physical by a Dr helped me relax...I know you're not a fan of Drs...if a check up is not something you want to do, you'll just have to give it time Justin.

D
Old 01-16-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thankz Dee, checkup was fine. Aside from Healing from mild liver damage. Its just been a rocky road fettibg used to a body with healing from alcohol symptoms...slowly its definitely improving its just slow...
Old 01-17-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'.ll tell ya what...In the very beginning of all this, I was at WebMD about every day , driving my Family crazy telling them what I was going to die from next...My Dr. thought I was nutz and told me to stop going to the web for a diagnosis....

Just past 2 months sober now...Outside of fatigue , every strange disease symptom I thought I was going to die from , is now gone...Oooof..

Yer not alone....

BTW , sorrry about your TIA's Dee...I had no idea....Hopefully yer recovering OK from those ..
Old 01-17-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks

8 years ago now nofear...I'll never be the same...but I'm as good as I'm gonna get

D
Old 01-17-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I was very hypersensitve and borderline hypochondriac after quitting. 2 plus years in I still have some health anxiety but it's far better. Early on I worried that I had anyting and everyting. I'd echo the recommendation to stay away from Dr Google.