Notices

Mom wondering

Old 08-09-2004, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mom wondering

I have found out there is no contact with the family or friends at the re-hab for a week- maybe more- I think about my son every day all the time- praying he is ok.. I try all the time not to blame others for what he got into- I know it is a choice- I find myself being very mad at the girlfriend and her mother that was a dealer of the Meth.. I don't understand the temptation of this for my son-- there were never any drugs or alcohol in our home--I raised him as a single parent without much contact from the father and try to figure out what happened to get him to do such a drug.. I keep reading all I can about the drug and the addictions but it so hard for me to understand-
Old 08-10-2004, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i would like to tell you something from my heart. the first thing that comes into my head when i need to use is i will not be alone anymore. i dont have to think about all the stuff thats going on and the reasons why noone will hear me. have you ever asked your son why? why he did the first hit? whats making his heart hurt? i know for myself that is the reason. my mom you could never please her, even if you were good and my dad was never home long enough from work to even have a conversation. my whole life if i wanted someone to tell me they loved me I had to ask. dont make him ask. tell him. love fixes everything. please dont let him feel like he's failed you, or failed anything. thats what i wish someone would have told my parents. if you need to talk please write me back
lots of love
angelwings
Old 08-10-2004, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peace2u

Hi Tinker,
I agree with angelwings. I was born in the middle of a very large family and so I didn't get much attention. I think I started drinking as a teen to feel accepted into my boyfriend's group. Drinking and running with the group made me feel loved and accepted. I regret that I ever got hooked on alcohol...and am trying to stay clean now. Don't blame yourself. I applaud you for trying to educate yourself on his addiction. There are forums here that can help you too. It's so hard to be a parent...he must learn from this...and sooner rather than later.
Prayers

Old 08-10-2004, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Tinker...I am the mom of an alcoholic son and the grandmother of a boy who's mother died of a heroin overdose. I have been in recovery of my own for over ten years and I still have a hard time understanding.

Please come down to the Family and Friends or the Naranon forums and make yourself at home. The coffee is on 24/7 and there is a lot of experience for you to grab on to.

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-11-2004, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

I would also invite you to join the naranon and Families and Friends forums. You don't have to go through this alone. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-12-2004, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
chiquita

I am a mom of a crack addict..I have been there for him 24 hours a day..
i showed him my love...
where did i failed?? what was missing??
I graduated from college and have a master degree in education,,never worked because i wanted to be with my 2 children..
I do not have an answer and it puzzel d me...

w

Last edited by mayra; 08-12-2004 at 10:41 AM. Reason: error eon the word puzzeld
Old 08-12-2004, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Everyone,
This is my first time visiting this site and this "thread" really hit home for me. I am the younger sister of a 26 year old heroin addict. I came to this site looking for some guidance on where I should go from here. The past four years, I have spent countless hours, days, months attempting to help my brother get clean. My heart breaks everyday to think that he lives his life this way! Does anyone have any advice for me?