SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   i dont deserve any support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/356667-i-dont-deserve-any-support.html)

tizzkins 01-15-2015 02:07 PM

i dont deserve any support

Hi all i have on numerous occasions tried to give up alcohol but without success. Now i want to try again but dont know where to start as it has been so long i feel that i no longer deserve the help but need it but dont even know where even to start anymore sori i am just being honest x

JadedGirl 01-15-2015 02:17 PM

Hey I'm really new but I've found this place really helpful and you will get loads of support and advice. Of course you deserve support no matter how many times you've tried. The main thing is you're not giving up and you will do it! X

BelleDeMer 01-15-2015 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by tizzkins (Post 5140012)
Hi all i have on numerous occasions tried to give up alcohol but without success. Now i want to try again but dont know where to start as it has been so long i feel that i no longer deserve the help but need it but dont even know where even to start anymore sori i am just being honest x

As a fellow human, who has the courage to face your alchololism, you definitely deserve the support of those of us who are going through the same struggle, every minute of every day.
May you be given the strength , just to make it thru this one day

Jupiters 01-15-2015 02:19 PM

everyone deserves support.
everyone who wants to change deserves the chance to be better.
even you :)

Opivotal 01-15-2015 02:21 PM

Of course you deserve support. :hug:

Looks to me like reaching out to others is an excellent start... and very brave, tizzkins!

Gonnachange 01-15-2015 02:21 PM

If you're here it means you're trying. And you'll find lots of support and advice on SR. You're worthy of it as much as everyone else here; don't sell yourself short.

Dee74 01-15-2015 02:23 PM

I agree with everyone else - everyone deserves support :)
What have you tried in the past to help you stay sober Tizzkins?

D

CAPTAINZING2000 01-15-2015 02:28 PM

If I'd of got ton what I deserved, they'd be pumping sun light to me in a padded cell somewhere.

Free will is a gift or a curse. I can choose to be a lesson or a blessing each day.
Forgive yourself, so you can begin healing. A negative attitude is like a flat tire on a car. It won't get you anywhere until you change it.

Alynn 01-15-2015 02:42 PM

Your with family who has done the Same exact thing! Make yourself a good plan and stick w/ it! We will never give up on ya

VikingGF 01-15-2015 02:44 PM

Everyone deserves a little helping hand. Lots of hands here!

You can do it, Tizzkins!

anattaboy 01-15-2015 02:49 PM

And....You're worth it! Stick around, lotsa good tips and support here.

mns1 01-15-2015 02:54 PM

Tizzkins,

The fact that you posted tells me that you are trying again, even after you've tried numerous times and came up short. That is true perseverance my friend. And as long as you keep trying, and as long as you don't give up, things will eventually begin to work in your favor.

I wouldn't be telling you this if I didn't think you deserved help. But you do and we are here to do anything we can to keep you in the game.

Keep your head up and keep searching. You'll find what works for you.

Hang in there!

PurpleKnight 01-15-2015 03:03 PM

Everyone is welcome Tizzkins!! :)

Soberwolf 01-15-2015 03:05 PM

Of course you deserve help tizzkins

Have you considered rehab or Detoxing ?

Vandermast 01-15-2015 03:05 PM

Hey there

You are a human being trying to stop drinking

Its very hard initially

Get sober and life improves

Lots of help here

V

hayley86 01-15-2015 03:13 PM

You definitely deserve support, and you will find tons of that here. We all understand how difficult it is to stop drinking, but it can be done. Glad you're here, keep trying! :)

Nonsensical 01-15-2015 07:33 PM

i have on numerous occasions tried to give up alcohol but without success.

99.9% of us posting here have had similar experiences in our lives. We all deserve support.

Addiction is a life-draining monster. We all have to fight it ourselves, but none of us has to fight it alone. Grab a hand.

Shakeitout11 01-15-2015 07:37 PM

I think everyone here has felt that exact way! How many times can I say sorry? How many times can I let the people down that I love? How many people can I hurt? But every step in the right direction counts and I am only 4 days from my last binge and I feel so much better about myself then day one. We are all here for you!

SoberLeigh 01-15-2015 07:40 PM

You absolutely deserve support, tizzkins. It is your addiction which is telling you otherwise.

Do you have any face to face support - counseling or AA.

You will find support, encouragement and understanding here at SR. We are here for you 24/7/365.

Plure 01-15-2015 07:43 PM

Sending support your way from Texas! :)

Don't sell yourself short, alcohol is a tough thing to beat but the fact that you want to and are posting here means you have the willpower to make it happen.