Notices

Day 5

Old 01-15-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Day 5 here after a 3 day binge. Fog is lifting. I was never an everyday drinker but when I did it was usually 3 days at time of heavy amounts of beer. Anywhere from 20-40 In those 3 days a lot for this 130 lbs.

Suggestions on how not to do this again? I relapsed after day 89, and 21. I want to make this a forever thing

I'm officially out In the open with husband about quitting ( I hid the drinking from him). Beer in purse, beer in closets, beer in boots. Wow today that seems like a whole different person!

Just do not want to binge ever again!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing well.

I think I had to really believe that alcohol was no longer an option, ever. That seemed to resonate with me and I began to find healthy ways of dealing with life. I also made other changes in my life besides not drinking, and that was definitely important.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi.

There is no 1 thing we need to do trying to STAY sober just a bunch of things.
First I needed to get honest with MYSELF about my drinking, in most cases ot an easy thing. Next I needed to accept the fact I could no longer drink in safety one day at a time in a row.

I needed to be among people who understood us alcoholics and take and practice what advice they offered.

I also needed lots of meetings, like it or not.
Now a lot of years later all the above is still very effective IF we take advantage of it.

Being self centered many take on the challenge in other ways and slip and stumble until the bad things of alcoholism take over. A miserable life then death. No this thing we have is not soft and cuddly, it’s brutal and never goes away for a vacation.

I’m hard today because I heard at a meeting about the recent deaths of 2 that had relapsed.

BE WELL
Old 01-15-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5!

Like Anna, I had to arrive at the end or conclusion that drinking could never again be an option for me. No matter what. Good times or bad. No more drinking. And then, I had to figure out what I could do instead of drink. How I could cope if X happened. There was a lot of resistance at times, and then came some acceptance. Some willingness to try anything it took to stay sober. I read a lot of recovery books. I went to some meetings. I read and posted on SR. I slept in bed some days. I exercised a lot and tried to eat better. I grieved some losses.

It gets better!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

HI Alynn Congrats on day 5

What does your recovery plan consist of ? is there anything you think you could add ?

I volenteered at my local hospital that really filled up my time i helped with set up & i done a tea service with AA

I went group therapy admittedly it was with ppl mainly sent there by the courts but i learned so much in group therapy it seriously helped & i went volentry

my local hospital had a drug & alcohol team & they help organise meetings with an alcohol addiction outreach team that really helped

but more than anything what kept me going....it was the right thing to do life is better sober even on my bad days its nothing compared to the nightmare i was in while i was drinking

Im at my happiest sober its the real me living in the big wide world

You can do this dont overthink it just keep focused on the here and now & what you can do today

we are with you 5000%
Old 01-15-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
HI Alynn Congrats on day 5 What does your recovery plan consist of ? is there anything you think you could add ? I volenteered at my local hospital that really filled up my time i helped with set up & i done a tea service with AA I went group therapy admittedly it was with ppl mainly sent there by the courts but i learned so much in group therapy it seriously helped & i went volentry my local hospital had a drug & alcohol team & they help organise meetings with an alcohol addiction outreach team that really helped but more than anything what kept me going....it was the right thing to do life is better sober even on my bad days its nothing compared to the nightmare i was in while i was drinking Im at my happiest sober its the real me living in the big wide world You can do this dont overthink it just keep focused on the here and now & what you can do today we are with you 5000%
Thank you all! I just don't want to relapse again! I want to stay focused like you and So many others on here all.

My current plan is
SR
RECOBERY LIFE GROUP AT CHURCH
RECOVERY BOOKS
RECOVERY AA PODCAST
WRITING MY "days" on DRY ERASE FOR DH
TO HELP HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE

I do not have many friends or family that drink so that helps.

Interested in meetings. I've been to one and enjoyed it. Besides balling the whole time
Old 01-15-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep it going Alynn!! Day 5 is fantastic!!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Looks like a solid plan Alynn. Stay focused and stick to it and I'd say you're on the right track!

More power to you Alynn!
Old 01-15-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Happy for you Alynn - congrats on those hard-earned 5 days.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Alynn,

You sound really great. I am on day 5 too!

I think what is working for me (at this moment) is how much better and focused I feel...at home, at work, in general> not forgetting everything and having to lie and cover my tracks. I know from last time when I had 6.5 years sober,Initially I had so many ups and downs with my feelings until I finally got the fact that life was better without alcohol.I have to get that reality into my thoughts again. I absolutely cannot drink bc I CANNOT only have one. It always goes to a bottle or 6 pack or 2 in no time at all.

I have not called a counselor yet..I am avoiding it but I know that i should call.

Keep thinking sober thoughts and remember nothing gets better with a drink!