Music to my ears - Sober Weekender Thread!!! Jan 16-18

Old 01-16-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Count me in!
Old 01-16-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Alley Cat

Good morning. *** stretch, yawn ***

I do enjoy catching up with the Weekenders with my morning cup of coffee.

I love the hugging cats picture. That was very sweet (and count me in on that group hug, Ruby. My thoughts are with you.)

As I was growing up, we always had cats as pets. Alas, my husband is allergic so we are dog family now. So, I have to get my Cat Fix on YouTube.

So here it is .... I hope everyone has a good Friday!

Old 01-16-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Conquest, I love the Mandisa song! Thank you.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm in for my 3 day weekend! My big plans include a few visits to the gym and lots to knock off my Amazon & Netflix cue. Maybe I'll even venture out to 5th Ave and hit some clearance racks, lol!
Old 01-16-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
No stereo can match the sound of a live symphony orchestra - amazing.
One of my favorite evenings a couple of years ago was Herbie Hancock on piano for Rhapsody in Blue with the Seattle Symphony. I get goose bumps every time I hear that song.

Happy Friday Sober Enders!!!!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
Everyday is a good day when i wake up without a hangover. Hallelujah.
Not a bad day planned. ..work, out to lunch with an old friend, more work, and home, sweet home, again.
Ruby, I agree with everyone here, something has to give. Enough slack already.
Brain, the symphony sounds wonderful.
OK - see you all later.
Have a great Friday. Yay for the weekend !
Old 01-16-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! And thank you for the group hug!

Dropped the kids off at school and now have to get ready to go back to school for the aquarium field trip. Silence is golden for a few minutes. I can't remember squabbling that much with my brother when we were the same age. Maybe we did. I will have to ask my mother.

Brain, sounds like a great evening. I haven't been to the symphony in years. Something to consider.

Jerri, I'm sorry you can't have the cats. They are fun but so are dogs. Or so I've been told. My family was always a cat family too.

My cats are both resting at the moment. The older one loves messing up my newspaper and paperwork and the younger one loves shredding paper towel rolls. I have to hide them or it looks like confetti when she's done.

Chuckie sounds like fun Weasel. That made me smile. Twang.

I'm so glad to see everyone back! Happy Friday everyone! This will be a good weekend.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Morning folks, I lurked last weekend so figure I'll try a bit more this weekend. If we always do what we've always done wisdom...

So. Three weeks today! Woot! Woot!! Woot!!!

Feeling a lot better in general. The fog is lifting and the synapses are firing better about every third day (I'll take it!) and I am learning to be patient and not a tyrant with myself on the days in between.

Just doing the deal as deliberately as I can, one foot in front of the other. Some days super wobbly and other days planting those steps like someone who has been walking a lifetime. It does get better.

I couldn't sleep last night so I visited this thread and went to each of your music links. Decided it was like sitting on the floor of a friend's house, taking turns playing the next record. I dig it.

To contribute this morning:

http://youtu.be/v--IqqusnNQ

Sorry --- unsure how to embed link to play in window.

Dax
Old 01-16-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good Morning ,all!
Son is feeling mucho better now...phew!!
Ruby, I get having to be the glue that holds it all together, and that sometimes it REALLY sucks bananas. I get it. We are all here for you!
I love the orange cat hug...we are cat sitting for my son's orange cat, and my step daughters cat who also happens to be orange - they could be twins except one is about 10 lbs heavier.
Strat - LOVED how you realized that your AV was pouting , and that it was due to your self doubt. I must remember to figure out what is going on with me emotionally next time my AV starts chirping. And, you are soooo right about a new restaurant is no big deal. I haven't been able to venture to our old favourites because they included copious amounts of wine. I thought I was the only one that felt that way. Love you guys!
Time for some Springsteen, I think
Old 01-16-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Three day weekend and I'm alone with 3 of my 4 kids. Teenage girl away with my SO and Teenage boy going away Sat - Mon with friends in the poconos so instread of sitting around the rest of the weekend I'm taking the 2 younger girls to a water park Sun - Mon. I can't drink if I'm riding water slides (which yes I do at my age - 52).

I need to look forward to weekend and not fear them...
Old 01-16-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

well let me tell you, two cups of coffee at 11 o'clock at night is not a good idea - I was alert driving on the dark roads, but watching netflix until 3? feel like crap - a little.

teepee - great wolf lodge?

I just played this song and the wife came into the room in full dance mode - so we danced! Get on the bus and DANCE!

Old 01-16-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I'm in too & can be the designated driver!!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

gotta comment on look out mama - thanks readyandable - awesome!
loved the cat thing too with alley cat...

weasel I can actually picture chuckie staring at the door stop, giving it a swat and then taking off like a nut... good stuff

old crow medicine show - another thumbs up! - I heard a reference to philadelphia mississippi in there
some really great tunes this weekend.

and hugs to ruby
Old 01-16-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Is it too late for me to get in in Ruby's group hug?? (((HUGS)))

Well I made it to Friday and got through my workout this morning. Just gotta get through this day. Planning on a quiet evening at home by myself tonight. Will probably get takeout of some kind as I've been 'good' with my diet all week. Friday is my treat day! So something delicious to eat, a sparkling water with TART cranberry juice and my furry friend. Might hit up Netflix but have a few books in my cue that I need to get through too so we'll see.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Oh and also -- sorry for not contributing to the music -- maybe I'll think of something. In the meantime, enjoying everyone else's music!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Ruby, I am definitely in on your group hug!

Here's my favorite Springsteen song:

Here's a bonus one:

Old 01-16-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

well, had my raisin bran and second cup, gotta prep and pack venison - the work part of it, make bags, vacuum pack and freeze - freezer space is getting small.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Count me in!

Old 01-16-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So wow.... Just had a big meeting at work. Bunch of directors and managers. All technical. All knowledgeable. My team and the other team we are working with. All focused on me and the results of the testing I did. The test results showed that things were not what we would want. So if something is wrong the first thing people do is ask lots of questions to be sure they can trust what is telling them is wrong. That would be my data.... Better known to people as ... Me!

I was calm. Smiling. Cracking jokes. And praying inside they don't ask a question related to something I did not think of.

In my drinking days I never... Ever... Would be able to do as good as I did. I mean I could do it but this was a way to shine at work. I saw the opportunity and took it.

I am tired. Lol.... Decided to leave the building and relax a bit. Check in by email.

So let my weekend begin! Redoing a bedroom so I have lots to buy and do to get it feeling like I want. Mount a puzzle I completed last spring. Fun stuff!

Hope everyone is doing well. Great music!!!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Well done, Mr. Weasel!

Hey - it's a 3-day weekend for me! What will I do on Monday?