Old 01-15-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 01-15-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yes, Trach. Mr. Ruby is "off the ranch" so to speak. When I mentioned him going out on Sunday and Tuesday it wasn't for a quick trip to the store. Constant state of withdrawal, feeling better, using, rinse, repeat. He knows what he needs to do. He has more sobriety time strung together over the past ten years than I do. He just isn't doing what he knows he has to, to get there.

I'm ok though.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I think you need a sober bus group hug Ruby.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I agree strategery,ruby needs a hug...I know I told you ruby that I would mind my own business but I find it difficult to do. How about finding a marriage counselor to help talk some of this out? Something is just not right. OK - I'll stop.

Getting back to music.....funny thing is since I've stopped drinking I am listening to more classical music. I don't want to listen to the good old party music cause I'm afraid I might get in the mood to party. Glorification of the old messed up days. Now when I'm at home I just want relaxing music. Maybe it's old age. But I rather enjoy nice, mellow music these days. Rod Stewart great American songbook is great relaxing music also. I love spotify since it has whatever you're in the mood for.

Well, I'm tired cause I didn't sleep well last night, which is rare for me. Then I worked til 8:30 tonight. Yawn. So good night everyone.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm taking a musical journey thru the Louisiana bayous tonight, having just bought tix to see these kids when they come to town in March:

Old 01-15-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks Strat! We have a fondness for orange Kitties around here even though we don't have one.

I have to go to bed soon. Son has band practice at 7 a.m. and then daughters field trip. I have to be mentally prepared. Last year I misplaced a kid on a trip to the museum. Security was called. We finally found him attached to another group of kids from our school. I was embarrassed. The bad chaperone. I think that was one of the last times I was functioning on a hangover. Won't have that problem tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good night HaF! Thanks. I don't know how well marriage counseling would be while Mr. Ruby is still using. Extremely manipulative and says all the right things to get off the hook. Counseling takes honest effort and I'm not sure he's capable of either at the moment.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Count me in for a sober weekend!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:51 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra ROCKED! 2 hours to get there, 1 hour back, had to park on 9th floor of garage and payment kiosk was packed. Went to fox and hound for a coffee and nachos until the outgoing crowd died down. Sitting in the joint this came over the speakers.

went to symphony, listened to rock at 'coffee' house, listen to public radio echoes program on ride home. No stereo can match the sound of a live symphony orchestra - amazing. Verizon hall is an amazing place.

busy thread - you guys all ROCK

oh, brubeck played the berks jazz fest every few years, missed him last time, reminds me of when I saw Miles Davis at the hollywood bowl a 'few' years ago.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
This is from my profile. Keep your eye on Merry Clayton snip
Loved this!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Ruby that man needs to buy the family an automatic dishwasher .

As for no dinner , that sucks

Hey everyone, friday friday … whats your plan ?
I used to go shopping in my lunch hour so i didn't have to swing by the store on the way home .. As hitting the store for booze on the way home was my usual routine …

Lots of small changes … just took the edge off the situation enough to get through .
The further you go the more you can learn and have sober habits establish themselves…

See you all after work ,
m
Old 01-15-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm in. Off to hospital later , pesky ear.
Hugs to you all.xxx
Extra hug for Ruby. Xxx
Old 01-16-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good Morning Bus riders!

ADMISSION TIME: I secretly start these musical threads so I can fill my PC with links to all the good stuff on youtube. Thanks BigS, MM, ReadyAndAble, Trach and everyone!

Great cooking music there BigS.

Strat.... I have a big orange cat... mine has marking like the one in the middle. Love the pic!

LB... glad the symphony was fun!!! I can't handle city crowds like that any more. I had my fill working in NYC for several years. Just done with it. Especially a parking deck and trying to get out!!! ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!

Miss Ruby... There is no love like tough love when someone is doing what he is doing. If he does have the understanding of what he has to do maybe he needs to see a stop sign. Put one up or he will not know you mean business here. Soon enough this will be not about him but you and the kids. You can only hold things together so long. We are here for you.

Big day today. We have some software performance problems on the project I am working on. We need to get creative in what we do. Have the big tech folks gathering today to review my methods of collection and results. Gee... hope I am not wrong.

But all that melts away when my little one chuckie is running around the house this morning like a kitten. The boy is 14 now! He has no idea how old he is.

You know those srpingy thingy door stops. He goes running and plucks them to make the "twang" sounds. Then runs the complete length of the house. It will be a good day!

Remember to smile!
Old 01-16-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Ruby, he is giving bs and you are eating it with a spoon....after you wash it of course.
I hope you have a good day while king baby "rests".
I need some bacon!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I'm in too!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good Morning by Mandisa

Happy Friday, y'all!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I'll have to come back and post some music after work.