Notices

Music to my ears - Sober Weekender Thread!!! Jan 16-18

Old 01-15-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Cool

I'm in!

How about a little "Green Onions" for a Thursday evening.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am in..3 day weekend and no commitments but I need to really deep clean my house so I can start painting. Should probably look at my taxes as well!

Last edited by Della1968; 01-15-2015 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-15-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JD4010 View Post
I'm 2 weeks sober and feel a lot sharper now. My sense of humor "works better", too.

I love being sober.
JD - Congratulations on 2 Weeks! It's definitely worth it.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Three day weekend here, too. Going to my parent's to do the winter pruning, watch football, eat well. I may be scarce on SR.

There's an appalling lack of music on a music weekender thread.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Picked up two bottles of my fave iced tea: Tejava. Waiting for my closest friend and her hubby to get home so we can hang out.

Did my AA mtg at the local Alano club. One of my fave meetings because there is so much good sobriety in the room. A guy I like to hear from when he shares picked up his 29th year chip tonight. Good sharing on the 2nd and 3rd step.

All these things make it easy for this alcoholic not to drink on this 20th day sober.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm in and looking forward to a relaxing weekend. It's a three-day weekend here. Might try to catch "Selma," if it's still in theaters. More likely, I'll wait until I can watch it at home.

Olive and I definitely will be watching NFL football on Sunday by the fire.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

BTW, our TV show is on tonight. Mom is on at 8:30.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'll join too
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E

This will be a tough weekend, boyfriend in town, he's fun and likes to spend money. But he's on my support train, we were thinking of taking a helicopter ride in the rocky mountains on sat! Fun
Old 01-15-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Anyone for some Pete Townshend . . . this guy doesn't need a band, just a Strat!!

Old 01-15-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...xZ77w9bnm8#t=0
Old 01-15-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Congrats on all that are in the beginning stages of their new lives. This thread saved me in the beginning, that's for sure. I was thinking that I must have been the only person in the world that wasn't getting elegantly wasted with wine. Coming here and seeing that a. It can be done and b. These people are FUNNY sure helped.
I have zero music to add at present, although my before mentioned sickie boys ringtone is **** O 'Reilly ...
Old 01-15-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

This is my kind of music, Take 5 and have a listen Just made some red beans and rice on the stove, added a little BBQ sauce. Enjoying a quiet Thursday night, let the tunes roll....

Old 01-15-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm IN and looking forward to a run or two by the lake because the sun finally came out in Texas!!! Other than that, I'm just going to do whatever I feel like. Being sober gives me the freedom to do so. I love it!
Old 01-15-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Did someone mention Texas??

'My Head's In Mississippi' ~ ZZ Top

-----
Old 01-15-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Whoa! Busy thread already! Ellay, I hope your son is feeling better soon. Poor guy.

Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins opened a tea shop in one of the north suburbs of Chicago. Keeping him busy I guess although I heard on the radio that they are releasing two albums this year.

I was thinking of Pete Townsend this morning, thanks PK.

Long day. And venting. Left work late as I sometimes do when I have a day off I don't normally do. Took a couple of hours to get home because the expressway was super slow. Probably. to as slow as side streets but hey,the scenic route. I had to stop to pay Mr. Ruby's cellphone bill and while I was there he called, cranky as all get out, get home now, where are you, blah, blah, blah. He needed a cigarette. So I rushed home. He bestirred himself to make dinner which was a steak I had bought earlier in the week. I heard it was delicious because no one saved me any. I arrived home to a counter and sink stacked with dirty dishes. So no one saved me dinner AND I had to clean up after everyone.

I know Trach suggested last week I cut my husband some slack as he was withdrawing because I know what it's like but here's the other side of the coin. The sober spouse is Cinderella before the prince enters the picture. He sobers up "I'll never do it again, I'm done, I'm so sorry" spends all his time in bed recuperating, and asks that I cut him slack, don't hassle him, he doesn't need the pressure right now. Then when he feels better he goes right back out there. Starting all over again. I'm left doing most of everything around the house in addition to working full time. Not asking for sympathy, just letting off some steam. Some of those cozy empty taverns I passed on the side streets home looked a little too inviting for comfort.

Time to get the kids in bed. It's good to see everyone.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I am in for the weekend. Will be busy!!
Old 01-15-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ruby, has he gone off the reservation again? I hope not as you deserve better.

As we want people to forgive us our falters and failures, we should forgive others. When we can't do that, it's time to leave.

I found this today and it was fitting that I found it today. I made some serious improvements for the company in my new job and stunned people. My thought of the day was "This is how the Pros do it".

Ok, THIS is how the Pros do a music thread!

Old 01-15-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm on the bus in the back where all the fun is at.

I have class work already, so I have course work this weekend. I have an assignment in which I have to start looking for a job and post what I found. I have found internships, so I started applying for internships since I need to get one this summer. All I know is that applying for internships and looking for jobs is stirring up my AV something fierce. It's been a real battle this evening, but I'm okay. It all has to do with self-doubt. I know the drinking isn't going to make me feel any better about myself, but worse, so it's not worth it.
We are going out to dinner with some work colleagues tomorrow to some restaurant we've never been to. No temptation to drink in a new place.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I am in!
Exhausted from the week and so looking forward to the weekend!
I know you all have said how to post these videos, but my brain just can't do it right now.

Turtle, would you play Bobby Darin, Mack the Knife for me?
It is my absolute most favorite song ever.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Yikes, back to back 15-hour days (2 jobs). Got a nice break coming up this weekend and really looking forward to it!

Weekender Thread be rocking.