Notices

Do I need rehab?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well done :-) xx
Old 01-24-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i concur with eddiebuckle. i did IOP (intensive outpatient) which consisted of limited one on one counseling, and 3hour groups, three times weekly. some of my comrades were working and came in after work. i, however was unemployed because i waited to long to stop the train and lost job.

i think inpatient is best for those that, after the initial dry-out, feel they dont have enough control to not pick back up impulsively. outpatient is best for those that can put it down for the time being, but need some support, and strategies to enable them to stay on the wagon long-haul.

you could dry out (with physician's assistance), take a week or two off, start IOP, and continue it once back at work. -this is what i would have done, had i had any sense to head things off. LOL! of course i live with my spouse only and she is extremely supportive and open-minded. she only cared that i picked options that had the desired outcome.

as for your family... i dont expect those without addiction experience to understand our issues. ive actually reminded my father of this. -"hey dad? remember when you said you just didnt get why people get these type of problems? well, you probably arent gonna get how it takes effort to fix them. dont worry, ive got folks who have been through it to talk to!" -normies sometimes view it like you ate a bad hot dog or something. like, "i ate a bad hot dog once. boy, i was sick. now i just dont eat em anymore." HA!

most of the best advice i have heeded comes from the recovered. GOOD LUCK! sounds like your gonna fix it!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Fantastic!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bostongirl1980 View Post
Update: I went to detox and am now in a rehab facility in New Hampshire where I will stay for one month. Things are going well and I am 8 days sober today! YAY! I feel so much better and I am starting to actually enjoy life again. I went to HR and they are allowing me to keep my job - holding it for me until I get back. I am so grateful. Thank you God. Thanks for the advice all!
Bostongirl,

This is awesome to read! Keep it up, it does keep getting better, and this is just the beginning of your new life.

Keep us posted!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Really happy to hear how this turned out, BostonGirl!

Keep us updated!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Welcome Boston girl

Sounds like you are on the right track

Thats freaking awesome

Surrender to win

V