Notices

looking for advice

Old 01-16-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well it's the weekend and I am feeling ok got a lot to do tomorrow so that always helps with killing time thanks for the support given from you all and I hope to hear from you soon ,,, take care -
Old 01-16-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Weekend

Originally Posted by aldo1981 View Post
Well it's the weekend and I am feeling ok got a lot to do tomorrow so that always helps with killing time thanks for the support given from you all and I hope to hear from you soon ,,, take care -
Old 01-17-2015, 01:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have thought about the AA meetings but I am trying to get through it and I feel that I will but as you said one day at a time thanks I will defo consider the meetings in the near future as a support but I have never spoke about my life before I found this site and this has made me feel better about things one day one step ,,, thanks
Just so you know, you don't have to talk or share anything if you don't feel comfortable or you just don't want to.

Many people come and just listen. When others share, especially people that have been around awhile, you can hear how they solved a problem and you never know how it may relate to a situation you are going through or may go through.

There are different typed of meetings. A lead/speaker meeting is good if you just want to listen.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

week 15

Originally Posted by GracieLou View Post
Just so you know, you don't have to talk or share anything if you don't feel comfortable or you just don't want to.

Many people come and just listen. When others share, especially people that have been around awhile, you can hear how they solved a problem and you never know how it may relate to a situation you are going through or may go through.

There are different typed of meetings. A lead/speaker meeting is good if you just want to listen.

Thanks (GL) I understand what you are saying , I feel like a weight has been lifted off me over the last week as I have (NEVER) spoke to anyone about my problems I spent most of my time making excuses and ultimately hurting the ones I love.

I came to realize near the end of my drinking I was not enjoying how I felt and was guilty because I knew it was not normal to be drinking the amount I did,. I would look at others and wonder why how they could have fun and live life without drinking or even just having a couple I knew I never could do that.

Yesterday I got a feeling a feeling that had been away for some time I was happy at the thought of an event I was going to sober in the past I can only relate this feeling to one where I was on my way to get drink or to be going out to drink.

I still have the flutters in my tummy when my mind starts wondering and day by day I stand my ground and work through the feelings but talking to people like yourself on (SR) has gave me a tool to use when I am down a tool I never had in the past so that is me at 15 weeks today and I can for the first time say I am looking forward to progressing.

Keep in touch and thank you
Old 01-20-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Smile made a big step forward

Hi everyone.

The last few weeks where very hard for me as I had big issues with Anxiety from giving up. I have until recently not told my friends or family about how drinking was affecting me.

everyone who knows me knew I liked a drink and over the weeks that I have stopped people have been asking why I was not drinking I told people I was just giving it a miss and going to take the car and/ or I was cutting down and not drinking for a while.

Friends have asked again and again and I have finally spoke out and explained I have an issue where I drink too much and it makes me feel bad.

I still don’t know if I am or was an alcoholic but I really am not embarrassed or ashamed of myself right now and for many weeks I told myself that I would probably in the future have a glass of wine or a few beers like a normal person but the truth is I don’t think I will I am far to scared of what I may feel like with the affects of drinking.

So I have told who I needed to about my feelings and it has made me feel proud which I never thought possible. I still have bad days and thoughts where I am planning to have a drink or get the anxiety feelings but they are getting better so I live and pray that life keeps improving.

I never in the past posted anything on social media or even spoke how I feel but I have had a lot of nice people here on (SR) who have made me feel a lot better about things so thanks and take care,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-20-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

The last few weeks where very hard for me as I had big issues with Anxiety from giving up. I have until recently not told my friends or family about how drinking was affecting me.

everyone who knows me knew I liked a drink and over the weeks that I have stopped people have been asking why I was not drinking I told people I was just giving it a miss and going to take the car and/ or I was cutting down and not drinking for a while.

Friends have asked again and again and I have finally spoke out and explained I have an issue where I drink too much and it makes me feel bad.

I still don’t know if I am or was an alcoholic but I really am not embarrassed or ashamed of myself right now and for many weeks I told myself that I would probably in the future have a glass of wine or a few beers like a normal person but the truth is I don’t think I will I am far to scared of what I may feel like with the affects of drinking.

So I have told who I needed to about my feelings and it has made me feel proud which I never thought possible. I still have bad days and thoughts where I am planning to have a drink or get the anxiety feelings but they are getting better so I live and pray that life keeps improving.

I never in the past posted anything on social media or even spoke how I feel but I have had a lot of nice people here on (SR) who have made me feel a lot better about things so thanks and take care,,,,,,,,,,
Hi Aldo,

Well done on expaining some of your feelings to friends. Do whatever sits most comfortably with you. After i told people I was so relieved. I could be me and not have to lie anymore.

Your doing brilliantly though so you should be proud!

L x
Old 01-20-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Foolsgold186 View Post
Hi Aldo,

Well done on expaining some of your feelings to friends. Do whatever sits most comfortably with you. After i told people I was so relieved. I could be me and not have to lie anymore.

Your doing brilliantly though so you should be proud!

L x
Thanks (FG) I only wish I had done it sooner I will keep you posted ..