Notices

Day 9

Old 01-12-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9

I find it hard to believe I haven't had a drink in 9 days.

The past 12 years of my life I've been lying to myself and everyone around me. I've basically turned myself into a fully functional alcoholic but never admitted this to anyone including myself. My wife has known how bad my problem has been and has stood by me since day 1. Thank you honey

So as far back as I recall, drinking has been a part of everything I've done. It has gone hand in hand with sporting events, hunting, fishing, working on the truck/house, family gatherings, holidays, watching TV, country cruises, a part of every dinner, work meetings, and pretty much anything that I have done off the work clock. That's one thing I've never done is gotten drunk on a weekday from 8-5....at least not on the clock. So I'm doing my best to train myself how to do anything without drinking. So far it has been easiest for me to just be home and hide.

My mind is so foggy. I'm still having some severe night sweats but every night I seem to be sleeping better. I am a little concerned I have an overnight stay for a work meeting coming up that has always involved an entire night of drinking. I'm prepared to call it a night right after dinner and lock myself in my hotel room.

I have goals and these are what is getting me through every day. I want to live a happy sober life with my loved wife with hopes of starting a family. Im sorry I wasted so many years drinking the time away.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, 3labs. Congratulations on 9 days and your decision to lead a sober life.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats 3labs !

Lots of support here.

Forge on !

DD
Old 01-13-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the words of support. It's amazing how this all happened. I ended up with the flu, so I stopped drinking. After a couple days had gone by my withdrawal symptoms sent me to see my dr. I did not realize I was having symptoms of withdrawal. I thought these were symptoms of the flu. Fever, tachycardia, very upset stomach, sleeplessness, extreme night sweats where my sheets and comforter got soaked. I told my dr all of my symptoms. He did not ask about my alcohol use but did mention some of my symptoms including my upset stomach weren't in line with what he has seen with the flu. I went home that afternoon and pretty much came to the conclusion I was going thru withdrawals and found this site. I'm still sweating at night, skin still feels itchy but that could be from the cold dry air, and I still have an unsettled stomach. I'm so happy that this cold came on and initiated me to stop drinking for a couple days. Otherwise I'm afraid I would have never changed my ways. Oh I'm also happy I found this site. Until I found this site I was feeling very alone. Thank you all for your support.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thats exellent news 3 Labs Welcome its nice to meet you

Congrats on 9 days sober
Old 01-13-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gratz on the 9 days. Remain especially vigilant in this period. You can do it.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day nine! Glad you have a plan for your upcoming business meeting. If you have a smart phone, I highly suggest you bookmark this forum and visit it often that night for support if necessary.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome 3labs, and congrats on 9 days sober
Old 01-13-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 days!! That's amazing.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats! :-) You can do this! Happy 9th day of freedom!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

9 days is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Business trip was tonight and going through the night without a drink was easier than I thought. I wasn't put on the spot by anyone asking why I wasn't drinking. What can I say? I have a great group of coworkers. It's almost midnight here and I just got back to my room. All I had to drink was water and Mountain Dew!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well done, keep going!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome 3labs - way to go on 9 days

D