Notices

How do you feel after a month or two?

Old 01-13-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am 2 months and 10 days sober. I had a bad day because I let 3 small problems that were bothering me "rent space in my head". Thank God for the support I got at my AA meeting. I had been feeling better. It gets better, slowly. I do know, according to the old timers at AA that have 20+ years sobriety that the urge to drink never leaves some people. And they too let people "rent space in their head" on occasion.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

268 days here. in 10 days i will be 9 months sober.

i was a rock-bottom, lost-everything, mouthwash-drinking mess. there was no way i could stop - drinking didn't work any more, but i couldn't not drink as the withdrawals were so bad.

did you see the part where i am nearly 9 months sober? i honestly can't believe it. but i will tell you - i love sobriety. i have mental illness kicking me around, i don't have 2 pennies to rub together and i am going through my second divorce, so life isn't stress free. but i feel free anyway.

keep stringing the days together and you can see for yourself how sweet it can be. the cravings have mostly gone now. i don't think about how a drink would make me feel better. i don't spend money i don't have on something that makes me feel awful.

be well.