Notices

Update Day 6!

Old 01-12-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Update Day 6!

So detox ended yesturday and went to school this morning and have been totally fine all day so the withdrawals are gone. It worked! I did however have people constantly talking about partying around me all day which really got to me and every second i keep having to tell myself to stop thinking about drinking i swear i think about it every waking moment, im afraid of how to learn to live sober but today was my first day out in public not intoxicated and i guess i made it although the urges are so strong and alcohol talks to my head 24/7 then anxiety, then the i could just have one, then the denial, then all back round to being anxious and stressed and worrying about the future and if i will ever be able to live sober for more then a week worrys me i dont know how to do sober but i guess its my time to start the adventure and stop feeling so confused about how it all works and stop worrying about how to do things, atleast i got through detox and am at day 6 no librium, went to school, i need to keep reminding myself to think in the present not the future like i woke up today and worried about a dentist appt i havent even made so ridiculous. But day 6! i want to stay sober for more then a week, or a month or a year, ive only ever made it two months before and that worrys me but this time i feel like i have an outlet here to talk about it. I got out of school and ofcorse the first thing on my mind was stop at the store and grab some booze and chug it....i fought so hard and so i went to the store and i bought sparkling apple cider non alcoholic like the stuff kids drink and that was it and the whole ride home i told myself your going to be okay your going to get home and get straight onto soberrecovery and talk this through and not drink and i made it!!! I know the apple cider thing comes in a bottle like a wine bottle and some people may disagree with me drinking that but i think its fine since it was never the bottle that triggered me just the stuff in it and now i can have a "drink" without drinking. Im so many different emotions but happy i made it and i want to keep making it i just need people to tell me to take it one second at a time cus im already thinking ahead. BUT THANK GOD I HAD THE STRENGTH TO GO TO THE STORE AND BUY A FIZZY DRINK AND RUN HOME AND GET ON HERE
Old 01-12-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Rocky on day 6 your doing really well your dealing with urges your posting more

Sobriety is hard in the begining as your finding out but we find out who we really are in sobriety and there will good days/bad days

you had 2 months sober before thats awesome if its getting too much do what you said take it by the second by the breath & heartbeat your doing well

Glad school was ok

Keep up the good work & congrats again on 6 days sober

have you joined class of january lots of ppl who got sober around same time as each other
Old 01-12-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take it one second at a time. Stop the racing mind by feeling your heart beat and your breath going in and out of your lungs. That's a trick you can use anywhere, anytime. You are doing great!
Old 01-12-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

congrats on day 6 rocky
Old 01-12-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great choice coming on here for support and not buying booze. Taking it a day ,hour or seconds at a time really does work. And there's lots of great support here.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We,l done, rocky. Stay close to SR. Lean on us.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job!!!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 6 is fantastic Rocky!! Keep it going!!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to Rock on Rocky!