Notices

my dog has chance I want a drink

Old 01-12-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
Im not sure about a chemo pill. I would want pretty positive assurances it would work in order to make him suffer thru chemo.

Thank you all for your kind words. No he wouldn't want me to drink because of him. He wouldn't want me to be upset I suspect if he could understand all this.

I battled all weekend long to drink and overcame it and now this. Just ugh.
I PROMISE pup is proud of you for your strength. Pup isn't your friend because you suck, dogs are pretty picky really

You didn't just raise and teach him, he has time invested in you as well. All he wants from you now is nothing more than what he has come to expect from you, unconditional love.

I can't speak to the chemo stuff, wish I could help in that
Old 01-12-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

QUOTE=Mikie9;5134326]I PROMISE pup is proud of you for your strength. Pup isn't your friend because you suck, dogs are pretty picky really

You didn't just raise and teach him, he has time invested in you as well. All he wants from you now is nothing more than what he has come to expect from you, unconditional love.

I can't speak to the chemo stuff, wish I could help in that [/QUOTE]

I know. I need to be there for him and not be distant bc I am upset or drinking. That wouldn't be fair to him.

This is him after getting the rumor removed.

http://imgur.com/xBo59ew
Old 01-12-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

QUOTE=Mikie9;5134326]I PROMISE pup is proud of you for your strength. Pup isn't your friend because you suck, dogs are pretty picky really

I can't speak to the chemo stuff, wish I could help in that [/QUOTE]

I know. I need to be there for him and not be distant bc I am upset or drinking. That wouldn't be fair to him.

This is him after getting the rumor removed a brave bandana given to him from the vet and the infamous cone of shame.

http://imgur.com/xBo59ew
Old 01-12-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh my - bless his heart. I'm glad he's in such good hands. Prayers for your friend are going up - I'm so sorry. Proud of you for not caving.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hug that guy... hug him HARD!

I wish you strength right now and I hope for pup all the love you and you're family can muster up.

The cone of shame lol... I can see it in his eyes just like my last dog when I had her fixed.

Two words. First one begins with F. Second begins with Y. They can't speak, so you get that look from the cone

Thanks for sharing, and fighting your desires through this. It has helped me tonight.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just FYI, our oldest dog was diagnosed with cancer over three years ago. You can visibly see and feel two of his tumors. He is a rescue and was over 10 years old at the time of diagnosis. We decided not to treat and let him live his life out in peace. Tonight we had to stop him from attacking a possum even with his cataract filled eyes. He is going strong. My daughter was screaming that she didn't want him to get rabies. My son said that knowing him(our dog), it would probably make him stronger. Put it out of your mind and enjoy your days with him. There might be more time than you think!!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yup something along those lines and "whatever you think I did I didnt do it this time-for real this time it wasn't me". He's a good sport about it though. But I can hear every move me makes at night in the bedroom since he lays down right next to the wall for the coolness of the wall I guess. But whenever he gets up and moves I hear the cone scraping against the wall. Anyways im about off to bed. Ready for this crappy arse day to come to an end.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
Just FYI, our oldest dog was diagnosed with cancer over three years ago. You can visibly see and feel two of his tumors. He is a rescue and was over 10 years old at the time of diagnosis. We decided not to treat and let him live his life out in peace. Tonight we had to stop him from attacking a possum even with his cataract filled eyes. He is going strong. My daughter was screaming that she didn't want him to get rabies. My son said that knowing him(our dog), it would probably make him stronger. Put it out of your mind and enjoy your days with him. There might be more time than you think!!
Thanks that gives me some hope. Even one year would be cool. We the summer again so he can get some more hikes and walks through the woods. A few more snow storms would be nice too since he loves the heck out of snow.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Stay strong as a gift for him! I'm so very very sorry!
Old 01-12-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

-----

Rainbow Bridge Poem

-----
Old 01-12-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry jryan.

The worst thing I ever did tho was drink through the death of a pet...at the very moment they needed me the most I was thinking of myself and high as a kite.

Be there - it will be hard, but you won't regret it.

D
Old 01-13-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

That's really sad jryan19982
When I'm drinking, my dogs are scared of me. I trip on them and have a short temper if they bark too much.
Much nicer if yr calm and focused!
The favorite things post above was a great idea!
Take care!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Stay close to him and to us.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am doing better today. He is acting like himself, still happy, wagging his tail, excited about the things he normally is excited about, eating well etc. So it could be worse. And I didnt drink last night. I will just have to enjoy the time we have left together and who knows how long that is for now. Still need to get XRays to see if it has spread etc, but for now he is doing ok.

But thank you all for helping me through this. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the poem too, I hope that is how it happens in the after life.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope the Xrays go well Jryan
Old 01-13-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Stay close to him and to us.

^^^^. We are here for you.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ugh was doing better. He has been diagnosed with perianal gland adenocarcinoma which is an aggressive form of cancer and the outlook is not positive. We already had the tumor removed so that is good, and can help prolong life but is spreads aggressively. I now know the signs to look for when he starts to go downhill (increased thirst and urination, decreased appetite, losing weight, and lethargic behavior). Well this keeps getting worse. My poor guy.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I am very sorry to hear this news, jryan.

Give him love.

Give him sober love.

Stay strong for your pup and for YOU.

We are here for you.

Sending positive thoughts and energies your way.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Bless his heart.

Be strong, jryan. You'll be glad you remained sober throughout this ordeal.

Your story of his first days reminds me of my own Lucy - she nearly died as a puppy.

I'm really happy you had the opportunity to spend the past eight years with your beautiful dog.

Sending love and healing to your pup...

*hugs*
Old 01-13-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

A few months before joining this site the best friend I ever had (see below) was diagnosed with inoperable bone cancer. A few months after joining SR I couldn't stand to see her hobble in pain any longer and had to make that trip to the vet with her.

A few days later I picked up her ashes and drove straight to the liquor store.

That was a horrible, horrible mistake.

She believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. Becoming the man she always knew I could be was the best way to honor her memory. She deserves no less.

Enjoy your time together and keep your eyes on the bigger picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jesse.jpg (44.3 KB, 35 views)