Notices

Needing a Bit of Advice

Old 01-15-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by needingafriend View Post
I am currently day 9 of recovery I amazed myself at getting this far.. The only issue now is my anxiety, but I have been diagnosed with panic disorder. Also my energy is lacking a bit. I have the mind set to clean and get focus on being a parent and cleaning but I can't seem to just stand up and get moving. Anything I do I have to do in moderation due to the stress I put on my body which poops me out. Is this normal for day 9? And has anyone used any vitamins or organic foods to help with energy? I can't stand the smell or taste of energy drinks so is there anything else that might help? I don't exercise, yes I know it's horrible. I am coming off of opiates, hydro and oxycodone from 4 years use. Any advice givin is appriciated thanks and God bless
Welcome to SR! Glad you found us; it's a great group. You might want to google "Post acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS)" as many of us have gone through it...varying energy levels, emotional changes in a short time, etc. When after a long time of use your brain no longer has its drug or alcohol, it has to learn to rebalance itself and that takes some time. I've been off alcohol for a bit over 90 days and the anxiety/panic and lower energy levels have subsided. You will definitely get better as the days and weeks go by!

Hang in there!