Notices

Need help... Loosing everything...

Old 01-12-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

To echo what others are saying, there is always hope. But hope only works if you actively cling to it.

What do you need to do? Talk to someone, check into rehab, stay on here... If you want this to work you must take action.

Hang in there sup3r1or
Old 01-12-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Your wife is protecting herself and your baby. There is hope, but you must prove it over the long term through your actions.

It is going to be hard, but you can do it. There are online AA meetings. Accountability partners here at SR. You have to decide that you want to do this more than anything else in the world, and DO IT. Treat alcohol as an allergy that if you touch it you will die.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

what is AVRT?
Old 01-12-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sup3r1or View Post
what is AVRT?
Here is a link you can explore:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html
Old 01-12-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Very interesting read. Well i had some ginger tea yesterday after my last beer. Managed to sleep around 6 hours tops (night before didnt sleep). Got woken up today by the same thing. Is this axiety or what? I start to have dull pain that comes and goes in the lower abdomen, the closer I get to falling a sleep the more bothersome it becomes and wont let me sleep. If I wake up breathe a bit it goes away. Sometimes it shifts to chest and makes me feel like havign heart attack, lack of breath etc. I have done countless EKG's and also endoscopy and colonoscopy and nothing was found apart from GERD mild gastritis (which I treated already)
Old 01-12-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Very interesting read. Well i had some ginger tea yesterday after my last beer. Managed to sleep around 6 hours tops (night before didnt sleep). Got woken up today by the same thing. Is this axiety or what? I start to have dull pain that comes and goes in the lower abdomen, the closer I get to falling a sleep the more bothersome it becomes and wont let me sleep. If I wake up breathe a bit it goes away. Sometimes it shifts to chest and makes me feel like havign heart attack, lack of breath etc. I have done countless EKG's and also endoscopy and colonoscopy and nothing was found apart from GERD mild gastritis (which I treated already)
Old 01-13-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Where is everyone
Old 01-13-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Sup3r10r 7:23am yawn coffee kiddo coffee.. has someone over slept. ekekkekek at work having to dig up serial numbers.. makes me think this company never collected or wrote anything down.. have my co-worker who has to be in charge realizing that if he writes this down make a page machine type date of install and serial numbers print off and put it in a book it would make his being in charge easier.. I am in a hen house and they are all lost this morning.. you know the term running around like chickens with their heads cut off. and I have been at workfor 28 minutes.. going to be a long Tuesday kekekekekekek cluck cluck cluck..
Old 01-13-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

'mornin - not hardly awake.

the stuff you listed on breathing, chest pain/pressure? very common for GERD. It doesn't sound like whatever you're taking for it is working.

also - fear of dependence (very difference than addiction) of benzos shouldn't keep you from them if you are in alcohol withdrawal. Frankly, I'm more concerned about you staying alive right now rather than you going through the hell to get off a benzo....and trust me, I know what that can be like.

Start with one thing to help yourself today. Try not to overwhelm yourself.

Zzzzzzzzzz more coffee needed

edit - anxiety? Oh yes, for sure. I'm the anxiety queen...or used to be. Am better now...I think having a 12 year old daughter makes me have to remain more serene in order to survive.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I also didn't have the choice of rehab or external support.
I bought herbal teas, dealt with the horrible digestive things you
seem to be going through now, and began to exercise and refocus
my life away from drinking day by day.

I had insomnia and anxiety for weeks, but eventually it passed.
When I felt better I joined a gym and began an exercise program.
I ate good food and read uplifting books as well as researching alcoholism and recovery.

When you are really ready to stop, you will find a way.
You have a good beginning and a wonderful reason to stop with a new baby,
but you have to quit for you. With the understanding that you are worth being sober for.

Because you are, and you can be. It's a choice, and you get to make a new one each day which is a blessing, believe it or not.

Keep going
Old 01-13-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hello,

Early to bed, early to rise now that I am not drinking. Being up early and productive is one of my great joys - so happy to have that back.

I, too, suffer from GERD and it disturbs my sleep. What do you take for yours?

Congratulations on still being here. :-)

Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

more to the sport you can add fasting and hardening (or pouring cold water). the network a lot of information. in particular by starvation Paul Bragg is the book "The Miracle of Fasting"
Old 03-12-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Chernetskyi that thread is from january

Welcome to SR its nice to meet you
Old 03-12-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi all have been doing some digging on that GERD thing.. mmm I was just wondering.. what if we did a poll here on the type of Families we have German Irish English French American Indian you know... I was wondering if the DNA of the Families have something to do with the GERD... that is my hubby big time.. and his family is all German Irish English I have been able to track health and drinking problems back to 624 Saxon England.. yep right down to how people died and how long it took them to go.. 90% all had GERD becausse of drink or drugs... why do I get on a soap box on all of that.. yes I drink... for a year I smoked pot.. just about lost my kids what was more important .. MY FAMILY.. ..
Family I know for a fact that cancer and the types of cancer are family DNA grouped and sent in every child of a family.. I bet that the GERD is there too.. so can some one help with that Idea of a poll on types of families here.. please.. ardy..
Old 03-12-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Sup, based on your post, it sounds like you have alot going on in that brain of yours. But as others have said, alcohol is not helping. I believe the first thing to do is quit drinking. Create a plan, and stay sober. You CAN do it. I might go so far as to say, you have to do it. It will save your life and you will be so happy. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome back Sup! You can turn it around!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Do your best

Exclamation

Guys this thread is from january